Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think my chin bounced off the pavement! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-my-chin-bounced-off-pavement-t59414.html)

retired2pa 08-14-2010 05:04 PM

Those people that bought them must have "deep pockets"...LOL

Lori L 08-14-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by katmom54
haha... but you explained the problem when you said it was in 'southern Maine" and I agree that is not where the locals shop.
I helped a friend one year and we painted abstract blueberries on cheap cotton men's T shirts (very simple - only a few brush strokes!) and sold plenty of them for $25 each at a Southern Me fair...we had to re-supply throughout the weekend....further north, barely sold a dozen all weekend...we called them artwork too!
Lori - how far north are you?

I'm in between Bangor and Millinocket. I live in LIncoln which geographically is actually central maine. But as you know......anything above Augusta is considered Northern ME. LOL

SharonAnne 08-14-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa

LOL. Now they are "empty" deep pockets!!! Who said, "There's a sucker born every minute?" - I forget.

raptureready 08-14-2010 05:53 PM

I've never liked making small wallhanging things but perhaps at that price. . . . LOL Not in central Illinois, a person is lucky to get that price out of a full size quilt.

applique 08-14-2010 06:08 PM

Hummmm, what is the name and info for this craft show??

Charleen DiSante 08-14-2010 06:11 PM

I think it could have been PT Barnum. He was right. I can not believe some of the prices peole will pay for things.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne

Originally Posted by retired2pa

LOL. Now they are "empty" deep pockets!!! Who said, "There's a sucker born every minute?" - I forget.

sewnsewer2 08-14-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lori L

Originally Posted by dglvr
I just sent your post to my friend in N. Maine. Maybe she'll go in on a booth with ya. Ha. :XD:

Seriously, we could put together some quilts depicting the maine coast, lighthouses, blueberries, etc and probably sell everyone of them. I did go back to see how she had made out selling her 8 x 10's and she'd actually sold about 1/2 of them. Wow!

Holy cow!

raptureready 08-14-2010 06:24 PM

You're right, P.T. Barnam was the one credited with that remark. Of course, as much of a con-man as he was he probably took it from someone else. LOL

sandpat 08-14-2010 06:30 PM

Wow! Wonder if she is that "lucky" each year of if she hit it just right this year. It amazes me what people will buy and what they will pay for it! :hunf:

Scissor Queen 08-14-2010 07:03 PM

The seller is very smart. She wasn't marketing to quilters or crafters. She was marketing to tourists. She placed an appropriate value on her art work. Just because it's fabric instead of paint doesn't mean it's any less a work of art.