Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ideas please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ideas-please-t6850.html)

Barbm 05-21-2008 04:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So here are some pics- my butt ugly quilt, a quilt I finished for my daughter's girlfriend's baby- Izabella, and the flip flop quilt I'm working on for future DIL. I realized 1 flip flop block was on the machine, so there's an empty spot for a blue one. Also- pics of the Sunnbonnet Sue and crumb block quilt. I want to put a sashing between the blocks but haven't decided on a color. Probably blue, sinc ei made all the bonnets in blue shades.

close up of squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10048[/ATTACH]

flip flop quilt- so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10049[/ATTACH]

butt ugly quilt first 3 rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10050[/ATTACH]

Barbm 05-21-2008 04:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So here are some pics- my butt ugly quilt, a quilt I finished for my daughter's girlfriend's baby- Izabella, and the flip flop quilt I'm working on for future DIL. I realized 1 flip flop block was on the machine, so there's an empty spot for a blue one. Also- pics of the Sunnbonnet Sue and crumb block quilt. I want to put a sashing between the blocks but haven't decided on a color. Probably blue, sinc ei made all the bonnets in blue shades.

close up of squares

flip flop quilt- so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10049[/ATTACH]

butt ugly quilt first 3 rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10050[/ATTACH]

close up of squares

doowopddbop 05-21-2008 04:37 AM

Wow - these are great! Fun fabrics for your flip-flops - very cool...

Barbm 05-21-2008 04:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
oops- it posted twice. I better be careful. Here are some more.

Izy's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10054[/ATTACH]

close up of some squares- not aplliqued.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10058[/ATTACH]

sunbonnet sue squares laid out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10059[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 05-21-2008 04:50 AM

Could someone please show me the butt ugly quilt/fabric???

Missi 05-21-2008 06:54 AM

barbM it looks great!!!!!! It is scrappy and I love that. You used scraps so you can't even say you wasted fabric. If you don't want it you can send it my way :-) I will PM you my addy

My mom has an ugly quilt that has been a WIP for three years now and she has spent $$$ trying to reverse the uglyness :)

Barbm 05-21-2008 10:30 AM

You can't see the ugliness? Just what I was hoping- someone would be able to make something of it. I think it's absolutely disgusting. I will finish it- to a full bed size. It can always languish as a car cover or something. Maybe a few more rows can improve it. At least I didn't waste any money on it.

doowopddbop 05-21-2008 10:53 AM

Sometimes you just have to step back from your quilt and let other people enjoy it for awhile! I love the crumb blocks - I've never heard of that - they're especially cute with Sue - tell me more

collettakay 05-21-2008 12:58 PM

I love, love, love the flip flop quilt!!!! Did you get the pattern somewhere or did you improvise?

ShellyQ 05-21-2008 01:04 PM

Those are all lovely Barb, I luv the flip flops and Sunbonnet Sue and you have certainly put your four patches to good use :thumbup: