Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If money were no object... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-money-were-no-object-t2631.html)

ceannastahr 10-07-2007 05:35 AM

Everything everyone said is great I'll just add 3 things.

1. All this has to be a place that has a comfortable temp year round with a nice veiw
2. The health to keep me quilting for many more years.
3. And time to enjoy my family.

lin 10-07-2007 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
All that stuff everyone else said plus a one metre sample of every fabric issued by Hoffmans for life and a lifetime pass on international air so I can visit my quilting Buddies whenever we like :P

yes, Yes, YES!!!! :lol: Love Hoffmans, and would love to have all of you sitting on my really BIG front porch. :mrgreen:

jessiesmom 10-07-2007 07:19 AM

Sharon, it sounds like you have given this a lot of thought. Love your ideas. When my ship comes in, I am going to hire you to design my new quilting house. lol

Mary

lin 10-07-2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jessiesmom
Sharon, it sounds like you have given this a lot of thought. Love your ideas. When my ship comes in, I am going to hire you to design my new quilting house. lol

Mary

I agree jessiesmom. She may have more customers than she can handle! LOL

Yvonne 10-07-2007 08:23 AM

wonderful, wonderful ideas. We are great dreamers! NOW, all we need is that ship!!! :lol:

Diamonds 10-07-2007 09:24 AM

If money were no object I would also create the house of my dreams.. It would be done almost like a hobbit house with quilting as the theme.. I would also purchase my own TV station.. I would hire all the great artists that I could get... I would even fight HGTV for Alex Anderson :lol: I would make sure that 24/7 quilting shows were available to all :thumbup:

QuiltinLee 10-07-2007 02:03 PM

Long arm quilting machine with all the bells and whistles.

enola05 10-08-2007 12:17 AM

Such fabulous replies ladies :D

I think I'll amend my list to include all of the above. Do you think I could buy more hours in the day?

quilterj 10-08-2007 03:21 AM

oh all of that sounds good to me. i would love to have space big enough for all of my sewing needs. a cook, maid you name it. and yes of course no work so that we may work on our projects all day if we wanted to.

jeanette

pinecone 10-08-2007 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
I'd want my own quilting house, lots of windows with good lighting all around, big blocking wall with flannel wallpapered to it, a long arm, a cutting table waist high and big enough to lay out a king size quilt to sandwich, so I don't have to bend over to cut, lots of full of fabric cubbies with clear glass doors (to keep dust off fabric, unhuh) on two long walls, all the rulers, all the different needles, threads of every color, gizmos, and gadgets, and every size self healing rotary cutter board, and a nice bedroom, wonderful self cleaning kitchen, cook and maid to do the laundry (I'll do my own fabric washes, though) and oh, yeah, lots and lots of money to keep quilting. AND lots of friends to share it all with! :D

I deleted the embroidery and serger machines from your list, sharon, otherwise ditto and add a masseur umm and good health.

piney