Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If money were no object...

... what would you buy?

Being new to quilting I don't even know what tools are out there let alone what I'd buy but I do know time and space are big things for me, so...

Bigger house with a room just for sewing in
    Better sewing machine (don't know what though)
    Cleaner, cook, butler (so I don't have to do any of the mundane household stuff and I have more time to do the stuff I like)
    HUGE amounts of fabrics & thread

I knw there's more but I can't think what at the mo. Will come back and edit as I think of things

Enola

If money were no object,definitely some one to clean the house.Remodel my workshop into a craft room.and of course stop working

Blog Entries
    A quilting instructor who is available whenever I would need help :lol:

You already have that, Amma, we're all here to instruct and help one another! Right???

I'd want my own quilting house, lots of windows with good lighting all around, big blocking wall with flannel wallpapered to it, a long arm, an embroidery machine, a good really good serger, a cutting table waist high and big enough to lay out a king size quilt to sandwich, so I don't have to bend over to cut, lots of full of fabric cubbies with clear glass doors (to keep dust off fabric, unhuh) on two long walls, all the rulers, all the different needles, threads of every color, gizmos, and gadgets, and every size self healing rotary cutter board, and a nice bedroom, wonderful self cleaning kitchen, cook and maid to do the laundry (I'll do my own fabric washes, though) and oh, yeah, lots and lots of money to keep quilting. AND lots of friends to share it all with! :D

Blog Entries
    The instructor is for when everyone is busy with their own projects, not for the times when we would all get together to share, discuss and ooh and ahhh :D

I want everything Sharon has on her list with a 10X10room addition added to my current sewing room!
    :lol:

lin
    A new, smaller home on a larger piece of land with a large detatched quilt studio placed in a garden setting, lots of windows, and a long-arm machine.

Oh, and a swimming pool to work out the kinks from all that quilting. ;)

all that stuff that everybody else said only i want it right next door to ELEANOR BURNS so i can be her new BFF (best friends forever). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Nanabirdmo :lol: :lol: :lol: Wouldn't that be great??

All that stuff everyone else said plus a one metre sample of every fabric issued by Hoffmans for life and a lifetime pass on international air so I can visit my quilting Buddies whenever we like :P

Everything everyone said is great I'll just add 3 things.

1. All this has to be a place that has a comfortable temp year round with a nice veiw
    2. The health to keep me quilting for many more years.
    3. And time to enjoy my family.

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyQ
    All that stuff everyone else said plus a one metre sample of every fabric issued by Hoffmans for life and a lifetime pass on international air so I can visit my quilting Buddies whenever we like :P
    yes, Yes, YES!!!! :lol: Love Hoffmans, and would love to have all of you sitting on my really BIG front porch. :mrgreen:

Sharon, it sounds like you have given this a lot of thought. Love your ideas. When my ship comes in, I am going to hire you to design my new quilting house. lol

Mary

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiesmom
    Sharon, it sounds like you have given this a lot of thought. Love your ideas. When my ship comes in, I am going to hire you to design my new quilting house. lol

Mary
    I agree jessiesmom. She may have more customers than she can handle! LOL

wonderful, wonderful ideas. We are great dreamers! NOW, all we need is that ship!!! :lol:

If money were no object I would also create the house of my dreams.. It would be done almost like a hobbit house with quilting as the theme.. I would also purchase my own TV station.. I would hire all the great artists that I could get... I would even fight HGTV for Alex Anderson :lol: I would make sure that 24/7 quilting shows were available to all :thumbup:

Long arm quilting machine with all the bells and whistles.

Such fabulous replies ladies :D

I think I'll amend my list to include all of the above. Do you think I could buy more hours in the day?

oh all of that sounds good to me. i would love to have space big enough for all of my sewing needs. a cook, maid you name it. and yes of course no work so that we may work on our projects all day if we wanted to.

jeanette

Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    I'd want my own quilting house, lots of windows with good lighting all around, big blocking wall with flannel wallpapered to it, a long arm, a cutting table waist high and big enough to lay out a king size quilt to sandwich, so I don't have to bend over to cut, lots of full of fabric cubbies with clear glass doors (to keep dust off fabric, unhuh) on two long walls, all the rulers, all the different needles, threads of every color, gizmos, and gadgets, and every size self healing rotary cutter board, and a nice bedroom, wonderful self cleaning kitchen, cook and maid to do the laundry (I'll do my own fabric washes, though) and oh, yeah, lots and lots of money to keep quilting. AND lots of friends to share it all with! :D
    I deleted the embroidery and serger machines from your list, sharon, otherwise ditto and add a masseur umm and good health.

piney

A warehouse full to the ceiling of every quilting supply imaginable...and you all would be my guest to help yourselves to anything your hearts desired!!

I'd like one of the big, professional, commercial embroidery machines and a new sewing machine with lots and lots of pretty, decorative stitches. A longarm quilting machine. My own big building for all my stuff with shelves on all the walls filled with bolts of fabric. And many, many faithful customers bc I would also have a shop in the front of this building. And, of course, all the thread, needles, stabilizers, etc. that this craft requires.

Well, I love it all, too! The thing I forgot to mention is that I'd want a room for a quilting bee, you know, like all the ladies of the early American years and transportation for all of you to join me once a week (at least, or ANYTIME you have free) to sit and enjoy the needle and thread, talk, and just be comfy!!

Hugs,
    Sharon

Now thats sounds like a good idea Sharon

lin
    I'm there Sharon! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast