Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If money were no object... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-money-were-no-object-t2631.html)

enola05 10-06-2007 11:33 AM

... what would you buy?

Being new to quilting I don't even know what tools are out there let alone what I'd buy but I do know time and space are big things for me, so...

Bigger house with a room just for sewing in
Better sewing machine (don't know what though)
Cleaner, cook, butler (so I don't have to do any of the mundane household stuff and I have more time to do the stuff I like)
HUGE amounts of fabrics & thread

I knw there's more but I can't think what at the mo. Will come back and edit as I think of things

Enola

azdesertrat 10-06-2007 12:58 PM

If money were no object,definitely some one to clean the house.Remodel my workshop into a craft room.and of course stop working

amma 10-06-2007 02:14 PM

A quilting instructor who is available whenever I would need help :lol:

mimisharon 10-06-2007 02:23 PM

You already have that, Amma, we're all here to instruct and help one another! Right???

I'd want my own quilting house, lots of windows with good lighting all around, big blocking wall with flannel wallpapered to it, a long arm, an embroidery machine, a good really good serger, a cutting table waist high and big enough to lay out a king size quilt to sandwich, so I don't have to bend over to cut, lots of full of fabric cubbies with clear glass doors (to keep dust off fabric, unhuh) on two long walls, all the rulers, all the different needles, threads of every color, gizmos, and gadgets, and every size self healing rotary cutter board, and a nice bedroom, wonderful self cleaning kitchen, cook and maid to do the laundry (I'll do my own fabric washes, though) and oh, yeah, lots and lots of money to keep quilting. AND lots of friends to share it all with! :D

amma 10-06-2007 04:36 PM

The instructor is for when everyone is busy with their own projects, not for the times when we would all get together to share, discuss and ooh and ahhh :D

Yvonne 10-06-2007 04:53 PM

I want everything Sharon has on her list with a 10X10room addition added to my current sewing room!
:lol:

lin 10-06-2007 05:02 PM

A new, smaller home on a larger piece of land with a large detatched quilt studio placed in a garden setting, lots of windows, and a long-arm machine.

Oh, and a swimming pool to work out the kinks from all that quilting. ;)

nanabirdmo 10-06-2007 06:01 PM

all that stuff that everybody else said only i want it right next door to ELEANOR BURNS so i can be her new BFF (best friends forever). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amma 10-06-2007 07:35 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nanabirdmo :lol: :lol: :lol: Wouldn't that be great??

ShellyQ 10-06-2007 08:12 PM

All that stuff everyone else said plus a one metre sample of every fabric issued by Hoffmans for life and a lifetime pass on international air so I can visit my quilting Buddies whenever we like :P