Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If there's one thing I've learned ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-theres-one-thing-ive-learned-t205359.html)

Jackie Spencer 11-07-2012 07:38 PM

When I see a beautiful quilt on here I always save them in my favorites. I have dozens of them. They inspire me!!

Dolphyngyrl 11-07-2012 08:14 PM

Yes there are many enablers here for new gadgets and machines, and fabric, but its lots of fun here on the board.

Jill_in_Texas 11-08-2012 09:43 AM

It makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone in this problem.

Hello, my name is Jill and I'm a fabricoholic.

And a quiltoholic.

And a gadgetoholic.

You know, now that I think of it, someone can just lock me in a padded room with a big pile of fabric, cutting implements and a sewing machine ....

Sierra 11-08-2012 09:51 AM

Congratulations! You are now officially an addict.... Here is the beginning of the 12 step program:

1) Go to your stash and study it while thinking of for who or what you would like to make a quilt;

2) Put the pieces you have selected and put them out on the table (or floor), move them around while still thinking of their future purpose;

3) Within sight of the fabrics, look through your quilt books/magazines and study patterns (this is in case you aren't already dying to make a certain pattern);

4)...... Well, I let someone else carry on from here. I hear my fabric calling... bye....

grammy Dwynn 11-08-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jill_in_Texas (Post 5641312)
In my short time here, it is that you ladies are very dangerous! I must have added at least 12 new quilts to my list of "things to do" since I arrived.

Not sure my husband will appreciate it, but I certainly do! :D

AND YOUR POINT IS?
I see no danger, just more quilts to make in my lifetime! :)

kuntryquilter 11-09-2012 04:49 AM

I have added so many things to my bucket list, I will need to live until at least to be 200 years old to get them all finished.

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5641330)
I think we all have added numerous projects to our bucket list after seeing QB postings. Some are way beyond my talent but I like looking at them.

maviskw 11-09-2012 05:44 AM

I have a three ring binder with all the quilts that I might make. If I would spend less time here, I might get some of them done. LOL

katesnanna 11-09-2012 05:51 AM

I have lot I want to make but doubt I'll live that long so wrote about five down and am working on three of them now. I was told years ago that if I wrote my goal down I would be more likely to achieve them. Seem to be working.

Forgiven 11-09-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 5641361)
Oh if you think that is bad, go over to the swaps and challange section. I have several bags of blocks from those that need to be put together for a quilt.

Where is the swaps and challenge section?

Forgiven 11-09-2012 06:06 AM

Where is the swaps and challenge section?