Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a longarm, what kind do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-longarm-what-kind-do-you-have-t216942.html)

mary123 03-21-2013 10:13 AM

If you have a longarm, what kind do you have?

If you have a longarm machine, what kind do you have, how long have you had it,
and about how many quilts have you quilted on it?
Thanks.

Tashana 03-21-2013 10:22 AM

I have a Bailey Pro 17E on a Majestic frame. I started using it late December I I quilted four quilts not counting practice. It no bells, no whistles machine but it serves it's purpose and I like it. Price tag was the biggest consideration since the whole set up was about $5000. If I had the money I would probably go for 24" Handy Quilter which would be about $12500, but that's just me. Good luck.

laurlync 03-21-2013 10:23 AM

I have a Gammill Vision 18-8. I bought it at the Houston International Quilt Festival in November 2011 (less than 1 1/2 years ago). In the 2 1/2 years I was quilting before I bought it, I quilted around 10 quilts on my DSM. After getting it, I quilted over 20 in first 12 months. That number would probably be much higher if I didn't work full time and could quilt all day.

Prism99 03-21-2013 10:23 AM

I have a midarm: Voyager 17 on Hinterberg stretch frame. Bought it used in October of last year from a fellow quilt guild member. So far I have quilted 3 queen-sized-plus quilts on it and am very, very pleased with the results. Only wish I had invested in a frame setup ten years ago!

AndiR 03-21-2013 10:28 AM

I have a 24" Prodigy purchased about 9 years ago, and an A-1 with Intelliquilter (computerized quilter) purchased about 4-1/2 years ago. Not sure of the number of quilts, but I'm guessing between the 2 machines it's probably about 1000??? Okay, grin, they're not all mine, I quilt as a business for others ;-)

Andi

topstitch 03-21-2013 10:49 AM

I have a Nolting and it is wonderful with terrific tech. support. I have done maybe 50 quilts on it in the last 5 months.
This is my second machinewith my first being a Tin Lizzie which was a real lemon with absolutely no tech. or company support. Noltings are work horses that just can't be beat. I "driven" most other brands and have not found one that is better no matter what the price. Nolting cost maybe a little more than Tin Lizzie but are sush a great machine it is well worth the difference.

leaha 03-21-2013 11:06 AM

I have a Nolting 14 on a smart 65" frame, and I hope to start using it in a month or so. Got it last March, was one of the first things I got for our new house, and the remodel is almost done so can get back to my quilting.

mooshie 03-21-2013 11:13 AM

I have a baby lock crown jewel with a Qbot attached (computer for quilting designs) that I've had for 4 months now and have quilted 9 quilts on it so far. I love it!

feline fanatic 03-21-2013 11:18 AM

I have an ABM Innova 26" throat on a 10ft frame.
I got it July 2010
I have quilted 32 quilts on it. Like Laurlyn, if I didn't have to work full time I could quilt all day. But my other commitments pretty much restrict my quilting time to weekends only :thumbdown:

Innova also has absolutely amazing tech support and customer service. Their on call tech support is 24-7-365. I called over Christmas holiday weekend and in less than 15 minutes the owner/president of the company called me back and walked me through my issue. While on the phone with him I could hear the beep of another call coming in which I ignored. Turns out it was another tech trying to call me. Upon hanging up I immediately got two more calls from two more techs making sure I had been taken care of. Now THAT is service.

I absolutely adore my Innova.

Prism99 03-21-2013 11:23 AM

Wow! The Innova is my dream machine and would be what I upgrade to some day, if I ever upgrade. So nice to know about their level of tech support!