Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm expecting on Sunday!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-expecting-sunday-t24731.html)

amandasgramma 08-27-2009 08:14 PM

Yes, you heard me....I'm 59 yrs old and expecting!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh, okay -- I'll explain! A friend of mine has a brand new computerized quilting machine ---- wanna guess where the old one is going??? YIP!!! YEAAAAAH They're selling me the old one at about 1/3 the cost!!! I'll be getting the Pfaff 1200 Grand Quilter with the Gracie Frame. If I decide I don't like it, they'll take it back! (yeah, right!) I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!! They'll bring it over, put it up, and train me over a 2 day period. All I have to do is cook meals!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyone here have that set-up? How do you like it??

tlrnhi 08-27-2009 08:15 PM

WOOHOO!!
Congrats!
Make sure you post pics!!

zyxquilts 08-27-2009 08:22 PM

Congrats!! :D

sharon b 08-27-2009 08:30 PM

Oh sure, she gets a new machine and we will probably never see her again :?

Have fun and enjoy :mrgreen:
Sharon

Jim's Gem 08-28-2009 09:48 AM

Congratulations!!!! Sounds wonderful, hope you have a great time with your new baby

BellaBoo 08-28-2009 09:49 AM

That's so nice! :D I know you are excited!

mytwopals 08-28-2009 09:56 AM

I have the same setup. It works very well. It's so nice, not to have to pin baste your quilts. If it comes with plastic wheels on the carriages, there is a metal wheel replacement you can get. The metal wheels roll much nicer. The metal wheels cost me somewhere around $60 for all 8 wheels. They're considered a must, if you computerize and they make for more precise quilting. I computerized my setup with Qbot a few months ago. My only complaint would be the lack of throat space. When I can save the necessary funds, I'll switch to the 18" machine and frame. That way, I'll be able to quilt an entire 12" block at one time.

amandasgramma 08-28-2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
I have the same setup. It works very well. It's so nice, not to have to pin baste your quilts. If it comes with plastic wheels on the carriages, there is a metal wheel replacement you can get. The metal wheels roll much nicer. The metal wheels cost me somewhere around $60 for all 8 wheels. They're considered a must, if you computerize and they make for more precise quilting. I computerized my setup with Qbot a few months ago. My only complaint would be the lack of throat space. When I can save the necessary funds, I'll switch to the 18" machine and frame. That way, I'll be able to quilt an entire 12" block at one time.

Good to hear!! thank you! BTW how much did the Qbot cost?

Shemjo 08-28-2009 10:32 AM

Congratulations! I am sew excited for you! Please post pictures! :lol:

SharonC 08-28-2009 10:42 AM

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! I hope your "delivery" goes well (lol).