Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's my day off! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-my-day-off-t82942.html)

Sloan Quinn 12-15-2010 01:49 AM

And I'm spending it in my sewing room! After sending DH off to work with a kiss and a cup of coffee, I'm going to throw in a load of laundry, do some dishes, and then retreat to my bat-cave for some well deserved time one-on-one with my fabric. I've been working 2 jobs for the last lil while and think I've earned my extremely rare day-off-without-the-hubby. I have my father-in-law's placemat to work on finishing, a baby quilt to start piecing, and a set of pillowtops to work on (read: take apart and rebaste because its so crooked it belongs in Vegas). Thinking of inviting my neighbor over for a little while in the afternoon, maybe. Been meaning to give her the quilting bug, but there just hasn't been time. Although I don't know if today would be the best day, since the only piecing to be done today is on a quilt that is a gift for her. Perhaps I'll set up a date when she can come to my work and we can go shopping. :-D

I'm so happy. I just got my sewing room rearranged and I haven't had the chance to USE it in its new prettyness until today. Woohoo!

Sloan

(By the way, I just figured out if you shift to the right one key with your right hand while typing my name it spells spam. How funny is that? -S;pam)

deltadawn 12-15-2010 02:02 AM

YAY !!!!!!!!!

117becca 12-15-2010 02:45 AM

YAY!!!!! That's my idea of a perfect day - the only thing is i'd might spend it in my jammies!!! Totally enjoy your day!!!

.....take apart and rebaste because its so crooked it belongs in Vegas)
And that comment about made me spit out my diet dew this morning!!! :thumbup:

thequiltmama 12-15-2010 03:41 AM

Lucky you. I am glad you get some well deserved time to sew. :-)

redvette54 12-15-2010 04:27 AM

Enjoy your day

mollymct 12-15-2010 04:29 AM

Good for you! Enjoy your day. I took the day off yesterday to catch up (actually to START) on Christmas gifts and I'm so glad that I did.

JulieM 12-15-2010 04:58 AM

Oh how I long for one of those days, DH is laid off right now and he has his nose in everything I do. :roll:

Don't get me wrong, he is a wonderful, loving man. LOL

JulieM

sewTinker 12-15-2010 05:08 AM

yes... there's a different energy and focus in the house when our men are always home, isn't there? Mine is retired two years now. It's a different kind of life for me now, although he's not a needy kind of guy. This morning he has Just left for a doctor's appointment. I get all celebratory inside, relishing my couple of hours to myself.

enjoy your day, s;pam! Comfy slippers, and No Bra. lol...

p.s. would Love to see photos of your new & improved sewing room (if you haven't already posted them!) :-)

sueisallaboutquilts 12-15-2010 05:10 AM

Sounds like the perfect day to me!! ENJOY :D:D

JulieM 12-15-2010 05:16 AM

Comfy slippers, and No Bra. lol

I am with you there

JulieM