Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jo Ann's hobby table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jo-anns-hobby-table-t207348.html)

sewelegant 11-30-2012 07:20 PM

I've had mine for about 5 yrs & love it! It's my cutting table (or my Christmas wrapping station). Not wobbly at all.

DOTTYMO 11-30-2012 11:32 PM

I thought I would cut on mine but found it too low. Other than that fantastic. I have just purchased the adjustable table. It goes up and down for standing and sitting, great. Also it tips, great when I need more room. Also found it is great for sandwiching. I fact I am using more than the horn cabinet, which is great for sewing and storing.

lalaland 11-30-2012 11:45 PM

Maybe the new ones are not as sturdy built as the old ones. I have one as well, it's several years old, I use it as an ironing table now but I did use it as a cutting table when I first bought it with no problem.

romanojg 12-01-2012 10:28 AM

If its the one that I'm thinking of check your roller placements on the wheels. I have the one with the measurement grid top and the two sides fold down; on a black frame. There are two different sets of wheels; one set is for the part that swings out and the other is for the center. Ask me how I know; mine is so wobbly unless it has at least one side up. I will eventually get in there and put the wheels on the right way but it works for now. I do like it alot so I'd fix the wheels before taking it back too.

psumom 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

I think I have an old, old one....made of wood! Same style, fold out "leaves" on both sides with swing out legs, and a large cutting mat on top. Mine even has a drawer. I was really lucky to get the whole thing, table and mat, for $25 from a lady who was going to travel in an RV with her husband. I love it. I use it for everything, and all my quilting friends come to my place to sandwich their quilts. It requires no bending and I have clamps that fit along the sides to hold everything in place

morforles 12-01-2012 04:43 PM

Jo Ann's hobby table

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 5691713)
If its the one that I'm thinking of check your roller placements on the wheels. I have the one with the measurement grid top and the two sides fold down; on a black frame. There are two different sets of wheels; one set is for the part that swings out and the other is for the center. Ask me how I know; mine is so wobbly unless it has at least one side up. I will eventually get in there and put the wheels on the right way but it works for now. I do like it alot so I'd fix the wheels before taking it back too.

Oh my! I never thought of that! I took it back today and had no problem with the return, thank goodness. Thanks for the reply.....if I ever try a table like that again, I will remember your advice.

Leslie

Scrappy Gram 12-02-2012 03:41 AM

Had one - poorly made - glad to see it gone.
Debbie

Scrappy Gram 12-02-2012 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5690914)
I thought I would cut on mine but found it too low. Other than that fantastic. I have just purchased the adjustable table. It goes up and down for standing and sitting, great. Also it tips, great when I need more room. Also found it is great for sandwiching. I fact I am using more than the horn cabinet, which is great for sewing and storing.

Where did you get an adjustable table?
Debbie

topstitch 12-02-2012 04:36 AM

My table is years old but it must be made better than the new ones (not surprised) Mine is very sturdy and doesn't wiggle at all.

sparkys_mom 12-02-2012 05:00 AM

Mine is wobbly but the way my sewing room is arranged it really isn't practical for cutting big pieces and I have alternatives for smaller ones. I wound up keeping it folded and I lift one half if I need extra space for spreading out. I was cutting Bento Box pieces a few weeks ago and it looked like a fabric explosion until I thought to use that table for laying the pieces out.