Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn's ticks me off AGAIN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-ticks-me-off-again-t78493.html)

quiltingnonie 11-24-2010 12:17 PM

So JA's has the Accuquilt Go advertised for $199 for Black Friday. I called my local store and asked how many they would have in stock. She said one. CAN YOU BELIVE THAT? One.
But because it is not a 'doorbuster' item, it can be special ordered -- but doubtful it would arrive by Christmas.

What poor business practices...I have run into this so many times with them. I just will not shop there anymore. (I quit buying fabric there several years ago) Would rather spend
more $$ and get excellent customer service.

Flying_V_Goddess 11-24-2010 12:24 PM

They have something on sale for Black Friday and they'll only have one of them? That's just stupid. Everyone knows (particulary the retailers!) a lot of people shop on Black Friday to find deals on things they want to buy for Christmas gifts. So what's the point of ordering out something that may or may not arrive on Christmas (plus you'd have to pay the shipping for the item that could be stocked in the store)?

MZStitch 11-24-2010 12:27 PM

Since moving south I no longer have a JoAnnes' nearby, but years ago when I did shop them they would transfer fabric for me from a different store. Once they got it all the way from a Pennsylvania store and I lived in N.H. Ask the manager if she would have one transferred for you if you get there and that one is gone. If not, a letter to corporate is often a good thing! If its a great price, I'd try it.

stewyscrewy 11-24-2010 12:28 PM

They do that to lure you into the store to buy other items that look like thay have been marked down and they realy havent been. All big box sotres use this tactic. It has been talked aobut on most major tv new stations, but as long as we the consumers keep groveling to the super sales they will keep doing it.

Murphy 11-24-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
They do that to lure you into the store to buy other items that look like thay have been marked down and they realy havent been. All big box sotres use this tactic. It has been talked aobut on most major tv new stations, but as long as we the consumers keep groveling to the super sales they will keep doing it.

Amen to that.

IrishNY 11-24-2010 12:31 PM

They have to have one if they advertise it or they can be charged with fraudulent business practices. However, I bet they are losing money on them at that price so they are going to sell as few as possible at that price and since they can't control demand, they will control supply. So typical.

amma 11-24-2010 12:32 PM

Many stores do this on black friday sales... it may be only one, two or a half dozen of that item to draw you into the stores...
So this isn't just Joann's :wink:

carolaug 11-24-2010 12:33 PM

Many stores will match the price...call around to other stores that do not have it on e sales.

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
So JA's has the Accuquilt Go advertised for $199 for Black Friday. I called my local store and asked how many they would have in stock. She said one. CAN YOU BELIVE THAT? One.
But because it is not a 'doorbuster' item, it can be special ordered -- but doubtful it would arrive by Christmas.

What poor business practices...I have run into this so many times with them. I just will not shop there anymore. (I quit buying fabric there several years ago) Would rather spend
more $$ and get excellent customer service.

beckyw 11-24-2010 12:34 PM

Wal-mart does that too on black friday.Also alot of other stores.

hlponyfarm 11-24-2010 12:55 PM

I bought my accuquilt Go on ebay. brand new and at the 199. price.