Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki and Frame in my future???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-frame-my-future-t45903.html)

nursie76 05-14-2010 07:48 PM

Well, the Juki and frame that I asked about a few weeks ago is still available, so DH and I are taking a trip about 2 1/2 hours from us tomorrow to check it out. I am soooo excited! I think this will give me an idea whether or not I really like frame quilting, and from what I read, the Juki TL98Q is a good little machine. So....wish us luck...oooh...I'll never sleep tonight, and I have to work a half day before I can go! Yeow!

wambrita 05-14-2010 08:09 PM

I've had that same machine since late February/ early March, and I LOVE IT! I got it along with a quilting frame from the local classifieds for a song. What I love about the machine is that it comes with all sorts of fantastic feet, even one with a 1/4 seam allowance guide, which is PERFECT for quilting, and of course a walking foot. I got a bit confused with the threading of the machine, but after the first few times of having to look in my manual I can do it easy, there's a lot of up and down with it. The machine is super heavy though.. a bit over 25 pounds; my poor little 4'11" self has a hard time lugging it around. I'm sure you're gonna LOVE it! I know I do!

What frame are you getting? Mine came with the Grace GMQ pro with all of the extension tables and the like. I haven't used it yet, but it's set up and ready to go.

sewnsewer2 05-14-2010 08:25 PM

Congrats! I hope you get it.

littlehud 05-14-2010 08:51 PM

I can't wait to hear from you. I have had a Juki for a number of years and loved FMQ on it. It's a workhorse. I got a frame a couple of months ago to use with it and I am in heaven. I hope you get it. Keep us posted.

amma 05-14-2010 09:00 PM

Will be keeping my fingers crossed :D:D:D

nursie76 05-15-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by wambrita
What frame are you getting? Mine came with the Grace GMQ pro with all of the extension tables and the like. I haven't used it yet, but it's set up and ready to go.

It comes with a New Joy Quilting Frame (Frame width is 105" ).
I believe it was $999 new, and will accommodate up to a 13" machine, so I figure if I get good at FMQ on a frame, I could upgrade sometime in the future.

nursie76 05-15-2010 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I can't wait to hear from you. I have had a Juki for a number of years and loved FMQ on it. It's a workhorse. I got a frame a couple of months ago to use with it and I am in heaven. I hope you get it. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the positive input. I am so excited!

CarrieAnne 05-15-2010 03:47 AM

Crossing my fingers too!

nursie76 05-15-2010 04:20 AM

Well, I am up and getting around, AND my client canceled her appointment for this morning, so I don't have to work before I can go!!!! Honestly, I am like a little kid at Christmas! I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep until after 6! :shock: :roll:

Wooeee! I am soooooooooooooo excited! I will let you all know as soon as I do!

janRN 05-15-2010 04:28 AM

Good luck,Nursie-let us know how it turns out. Keeping fingers crossed for you!