Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just about made it thru the month.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-about-made-thru-month-t177222.html)

luvstoquilt 01-28-2012 06:08 AM

I knew better than to sign up to using just stash! However, I am not buying like I was. I have so much and I am determined to finish my projects I have started and the ones I have planned before I really go out and go crazy again. I have only purchased what I needed to finish a baby quilt for my friends new soon to be grandson and a small piece of fabric for the cats on "Nighttime Cats" I am doing for my granddaughter. I do know about a sale that is coming sometime soon ... fabric from a closed fabric store and I will be buying there. I am waiting for the e-mail to let me know the sale is on!

Blackberry 01-28-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 4917678)
If I can make it thru Tuesday, I will have stayed on my fabric budget. This is worse than staying on a food diet. Wondering how everyone is doing? Hoping this will get easier :)

I was just looking over my stash and , whew, do I have a lot. I am going to try and NOT buy any fabric for this whole year. Do you think I can make it. I just ordered the new Singer 160th anniversary machine so that is where my fabric money has gone. I may have to fudge on that a little as I am going to make approx twin size quilts for my 5 grandchildren for Christmas next year and I may need to add to fabric I already have but other than that, I am pretty committed to sticking to this resolution.

Caroline S 01-28-2012 07:45 AM

Fell off the wagon yesterday BIG time. BUT it really wasn't my fault. My DD made me do it. It's all her fault I was so weak.

pacquilter 01-28-2012 07:58 AM

I've been doing good on my diet, too, but only by staying out of the local LQS's. I cannot be trusted!

kathdavis 01-28-2012 07:59 AM

Didn't last! I'm sitting here looking at my big bag from JoAnn's. Ooops!

gramarraine 01-28-2012 08:13 AM

I have done pretty good. I bought backing I needed for 2 quilts that were UFO's and I finished 1 table topper from a kit I had. I haven't bought just because I liked it.l

MOBRIDGE MOM 01-28-2012 09:43 AM

I'm doing ok haven't strayed off the straight and narrow...but why do I see so many more cute fabrics I would like to have than before this fabric diet.

raedar63 01-28-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 4917761)
Since I have no place to purchase fabric within 50 miles and the weather had been iffy I have no problems!

I am in the same boat as far as shops (30 miles is the closest except walmart) but oh this danged internet gets me lol.I havn't bought any this year though! yea for me!

Up North 01-28-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63 (Post 4919223)
I am in the same boat as far as shops (30 miles is the closest except walmart) but oh this danged internet gets me lol.I havn't bought any this year though! yea for me!

Our closest Walmart is 50 miles and since Unemployment ran out I can not use the credit cards so I will not be buying I guess!

MOBRIDGE MOM 01-28-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MOBRIDGE MOM (Post 4919186)
I'm doing ok haven't strayed off the straight and narrow...but why do I see so many more cute fabrics I would like to have than before this fabric diet.

I also just found out that I'm going to be Grandma for the 2nd time in 13 years...so this really is a trial!