Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just can't get moving (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-cant-get-moving-t123381.html)

Dingle 05-15-2011 07:39 PM

I have fabric. I have the time. I have patterns. I just can't seem to get going on anything. Not even something small. I stink at putting colors together. I have some fabric that goes together but most is just 2 yards of whatever I thought was pretty. I've never done a scrappy top because I have no idea what pattern to use and I'm afraid I'll feel I just wasted the fabric. All I did today is straighten up a little and watch TV with my feet up on my sewing table. And to think I just bought a FW. For what? I'm not even using the machine that's set up. I hope tomorrows a better day. :?

MzMcKee 05-15-2011 07:45 PM

I went almost two years with out so much as lifting a piece of fabric... I knew I would get there again, I just had to step away for a while. OK... a long while. Don't beat yourself up. You'll use it... and you'll use it all and then some. It's not a job that you have to do everyday to make it valuable, it's your hobby and you do it when you wannt to.. again, not because you have to. Sit back. Its ok, really. Hugs, Mona

craftybear 05-15-2011 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hugs Hugs, tomorrow will be a better day

Ramona Byrd 05-15-2011 07:46 PM

Sounds like you need a rest. Sit and relax. Have a glass of wine and some delicious chocolates. Go to bed early, get up and take a walk. By yourself.

Then take a handful of fabrics blindly and toss them in a pile. That's what you are going to cut up and make a simple 9 patch with sashings to separate the blocks. And it could be a baby quilt ot a lap robe or a twin, but it'll be lovely.

Then you will find someone who really and truly needs it and it'll make you feel better and jump in and start making lots more quilts.

rushdoggie 05-15-2011 07:48 PM

My advice: just do something. Pick something easy like a turning twenty, and just do it. Once you get something going you will feel the spirit...

AudreyB 05-15-2011 07:48 PM

Quilters block is a common phenomenon. This, too, shall pass. Relax and enjoy the moment.

Jill 05-15-2011 07:54 PM

I'm having the same thing now and waiting for it to pass, as I know it will. I think the never-ending winter followed by a cool and rainy spring have gotten to me. Hopefully you will soon be ready to quilt again, but don't beat yourself up over it; it is not permanent.

cizzors 05-15-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I went almost two years with out so much as lifting a piece of fabric... I knew I would get there again, I just had to step away for a while. OK... a long while. Don't beat yourself up. You'll use it... and you'll use it all and then some. It's not a job that you have to do everyday to make it valuable, it's your hobby and you do it when you wannt to.. again, not because you have to. Sit back. Its ok, really. Hugs, Mona

And it will get used one way or another!

:twisted:

sueisallaboutquilts 05-15-2011 07:57 PM

Aww, I feel for you. Been there myself. It'll pass but have a HUG from me :)

BETTY62 05-15-2011 08:22 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't been motivated to work on a project for a couple of weeks, however, that hasn't stopped me from buying fabric. LOL So, I've just been hanging out here and enjoying every second of it. May we both have a better day tomorrow.