Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lack of Motivation! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lack-motivation-t194670.html)

Sheila_H 07-14-2012 08:56 PM

Lack of Motivation!

I have hit a serious procrastination mode and not sure how to get out of it. I look at pattern's I want to do and even get to the sorter out colors. I must have 8 UFO's in this house I don't know what it is I just seem to have a block in my head and can't seem to shake it, maybe it's the heat it hasn't been below 100 in 3 weeks.

What do other's do when you hit this snag??

conklin1 07-14-2012 09:26 PM

That much heat would get me down too. Are you drinking lots of liquids?

Sometimes puting on some music helps get me moving.

virtualbernie 07-14-2012 09:53 PM

I had a Quilt for Kids quilt that I hadn't sent back. After a gentle reminder from them, that lit a fire under me!:o

jollyquilting 07-15-2012 12:35 AM

I changed from quilting to embroider and figure out the machine is still waiting.....waiting,... waiting.... but the tea towels are getting done.

carolaug 07-15-2012 12:58 AM

the virual quilt days help...also when I have a quilt for a person that I chose to make for and a deadline in my head...I need a end date..that really helps me. I have been really good about using my stash. I do find it harder to get started on a quilt though when using my stash rather then buying my new fabrics with a plan in mind.

nygal 07-15-2012 01:52 AM

That happens to me too. I usually look thru quilt magazines etc until the mood changes and then you can't stop me when I want to actually work on a project!!

burchquilts 07-15-2012 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5365641)
the virual quilt days help...also when I have a quilt for a person that I chose to make for and a deadline in my head...I need a end date..that really helps me. I have been really good about using my stash. I do find it harder to get started on a quilt though when using my stash rather then buying my new fabrics with a plan in mind.

I agree. Knowing that I'm "accountable" to somebody always helps me get the show on the road. But I have been fighting a slump my own self. I think it's because I feel so overwhlemed. I have several "must do's" & while that's only a task I put on myself, it still makes it feel like "work" & that's not fun. I have been wanting to make a Civil War "Chunky Churndash" forever & I keep telling myself if I get my must do's knocked out of the way, I can start on that. Good luck with fighting your slump... I'll send positive quilting vibes your way!

Sandygirl 07-15-2012 02:22 AM

Oh, take a break. I do. Then once I start playing in my sewing room....the urge to sew comes back. We need to recharge once in a while. Pretty normal.
Sandy

helou 07-15-2012 02:27 AM

Sometimes I just take a break from quilting even for a few months and simply do other activities, just like being on vacation for a while.... !

wraez 07-15-2012 02:27 AM

I'm suffering from the same thing, well kind of. I'm itching to work on blocks, mug rugs for gifts, all kinds of stuff but I can't pull myself away from the computer. I tell myself not to even turn it on cuz they I'd probably get some sewing done but I can't walk past it without 'checking my email' and then I'm hooked!