Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A little damper on my retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/little-damper-my-retreat-t161475.html)

Fritzy 10-18-2011 06:48 PM

I've been so looking forward to this retreat & then I go and get a cold!! So far it is just in my nose & hopefully it won't go to my head. If my head gets all stuffed up then I have a little more trouble functioning. Of course, hubby says well you'll have to stay home. Wrongo!! If I have to crawl to my sewing machine & they have to prop me up I am going!!!!! Silly husband doesn't understand us quilters at all!

craftybear 10-18-2011 06:51 PM

hope you start feeling better soon, an old old thing to do for a cold really works

after your shower, put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and put on white socks, also put vicks vapor rub on your chest, nose and in your nose, really works

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Originally Posted by Fritzy
I've been so looking forward to this retreat & then I go and get a cold!! So far it is just in my nose & hopefully it won't go to my head. If my head gets all stuffed up then I have a little more trouble functioning. Of course, hubby says well you'll have to stay home. Wrongo!! If I have to crawl to my sewing machine & they have to prop me up I am going!!!!! Silly husband doesn't understand us quilters at all!

KerryK 10-18-2011 06:54 PM

Oh, what a bummer! Do the Vicks thing, take care of yourself, and have a blast! Hope you get to feeling better very quickly!

Tartan 10-18-2011 06:58 PM

I love that Lemon Cold relief in the packages for a stuffy head. I use 1/2 a pkg. in a mug of hot water (I sneak in 2 tsp. sugar) and it makes me feel almost human again. Since I use it half strength, I can use it more often.

mltquilt 10-18-2011 07:07 PM

Husbands just don't understand about retreats. Make sure you take your medicine of choice with you and pace yourself. If you start feeling really bad take some medicine and a little rest then start again.

mltquilt

gigi10 10-18-2011 07:29 PM

You go girl. Have a great time then come back and tell us about it.

Granna of 5 10-18-2011 07:35 PM

I heard that to take a 20 min hot bath daily can take 4 days off a cold. Haven't tried but what could be more relaxing.
Good luck with your retreat and cold.

jean1941 10-18-2011 08:23 PM

I am going on first retreat in a couple of weeks, am looking so forward to it We only use treadle or hand crank machine.

par4theday 10-18-2011 10:19 PM

I'm going to my retreat with our guild tomorrow. I feel for you, the last one I went on I had a cold. It was not fun. Along with all the other remedies, get plenty of rest before you go if you can.

Rhaorth 10-18-2011 10:31 PM

awww sorry to hear about your cold, hope you feel better soon, and have fun at the retreat. (never been on one)

As for the vicks on the feet, never heard of that, will have to remember that one (I do put it on chest, under nose and in nose when I get a head or chest cold)

the lemon medicine stuff, love that too, but it puts me right to sleep LOL