Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   LOOK WHAT I FOUND (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/look-what-i-found-t16561.html)

Nancy B 02-22-2009 07:10 PM

Thank you for your help

Mousie 02-22-2009 08:58 PM

yes, I feel like this whole thread has been dedicated to all of our wonderful grandma's. I can feel the love every time I read all of these replies.
If by posting this poem I have helped another, I am grateful to Cynicky Phin (and the One that inspired her). :wink:

GailG 02-23-2009 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
barb wrote:
Thanks for the reminder- I forget that we don't need to clean all the time, certainly cuts into the quilting time.

I have an apron of my Gram's. I can still picture her in it, bottom pinned up to hold a berry basket. Gosh, it's hard to believe she's gone 4 years. She was 106 when she passed away. She said she was tired.

barb, I try to get on a roll with my housekeeping so I can hurry to my quilting, but all that does is make me tired. So, sometimes I am just gonna have a quilt-holiday, bc I am 21 and I can! lol! :)

When I want (or need) a quilt holiday, I begin first thing in the morning. I stay in my jammies and get started as soon as I've put the coffee on. Sometimes I put something in the slow-cooker so that we'll have supper OR when DH gets home I ask where does he want me to pick up supper? Sometimes he suggests going out to eat. I manage to be dressed just in case he says the latter. :lol:

I figure if we don't take the time to quilt, our housework or volunteering will consume us. Those dust bunnies will out-live us, so why die trying to control them and deny ourselves the luxury of quilting.

Mousie 02-23-2009 02:41 PM

You know what, Gail, your right. I have to cut out my quilts in time allotments, bc of my fibromyalgia, so it takes me a while from start to finish on a project. I am forced to work on different things, and very little of it is for me or hubby. I am going to give myself more jammies days and play in cave. That's a right fine idea! :wink:

henryparrish76 02-23-2009 02:45 PM

I love this! I have one my grandfather made for me and he has been dead 21 years this August. When I wrap up in it I can still see him at my grandmas house and I can recall what each room looked like etc when he was alive.

GailG 02-23-2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
You know what, Gail, your right. I have to cut out my quilts in time allotments, bc of my fibromyalgia, so it takes me a while from start to finish on a project. I am forced to work on different things, and very little of it is for me or hubby. I am going to give myself more jammies days and play in cave. That's a right fine idea! :wink:

My jammie play days are usually on Tuesday and/or Thursday.

Mousie 02-23-2009 02:51 PM

oh Henry I am so glad your back. You must be feeling a little better. I know what you mean, about those special memories. You must have a lot of talent in your family. :D