Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Making a quilt w/ triangles?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/making-quilt-w-triangles-t10247.html)

Barb M 08-15-2008 02:20 PM

Looks awesome bebe, and thank you rose also for all the measurements. Have to agree with Ruth, i like that there are TONS of choices for triangles!!! lol lol And me personally, i love the snap crackle pop of taking paper off of paper piecing, just like popping bubble wrap lol Paper is my favourite quilting tool :)

bebe 08-16-2008 05:15 AM

I agree with you Ruth everyone can use the method they like best. I like thangles and think this CD method would be good and a money saver to me. I pay $5 a pack and often need to buy various sizes. Besides I like new gadgets. I think it is a neat idea for us who like to buy things to simplify their quilting lives.
I do not do well with videos and insructions. I have a flying geese ruler I bought saw the demo and forgot how to do it by the time I got home. :lol: Bummer it sits with the rest of my rulers I bought and do not use collecting dust.

I sure do use a heck of alot of thangles and love them :!: :D

gcathie 08-16-2008 09:09 AM

hey girls what ever works for you is the answer....the point is to get a triangle.... :D :lol: :D :lol: :wink: I use to draw a line on everyone...time consuming but worked....then I got a thing I put under my machine...sometimes that works....sometimes I use tape to help guide me....still working on an easy solution lordy it just takes time....so I sucumb to that idea... :D :lol: :wink:

JoanneS 08-16-2008 09:43 AM

Rose Marie - thankyou, thank you, thankyou! I've made 1/2 square triangles this way for years, but I've always had to do the math anew each time9add 7/8") :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Now I can just take out your directions - you've made it so simple! :D :D :D

racnquilter 08-19-2008 12:10 PM

Rose Marie you were a life saver last week-end. Had a pattern that cut the triangles and then sewed them together. Thought to myself, nah!!! going to try Rose Marie's suggestion. Worked great! Thanks...

bearisgray 08-19-2008 01:18 PM

If you are the obsessive type - you can trim/true your sewn triangles to exact size after they are sewn and pressed.

I'm a pretty good piecer, but sometimes they just don't come out exactly "right" and trimming the sewn squares sometimes makes sense.

Rose Marie 08-19-2008 01:30 PM

Glad to help. I tried so many ways till I found Els way and now I make perfect triangles every time.
Be sure and get her triangle square up ruler, it makes it even simpler to square up the triangles.

chairjogger 08-19-2008 03:46 PM

Bebe and I are the same on Thangles ! They are slick! No thinking, just cut two fabics the same size ( square ) as the already measured paper cheat sheets !!

Have used them for nearly 5 years now !! I have parkingsons. anything that can help me and not make me thing too much to reserve energy !

Ellen