Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Martelli Rotary Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/martelli-rotary-cutter-t218815.html)

Rose Marie 04-11-2013 05:19 AM

I bought one yrs ago and the plastic handle cover streched out so it kept falling off. So dont use it at all.

Gretchen 04-11-2013 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aria (Post 5992553)
I wore mine out. The spring broke on it, and I'm using it taped. Not good, I know, but I can't afford a new one. They're too expensive for me. But, I do really like it.

Call their customer service - they will get you a new spring... or if they will be at a Quilt Expo near you - take it with you and they will replace it there at the show for you!

gigi712 04-11-2013 07:13 AM

Go to the Martelli website and buy a new spring. I've used one for a long time and love it. Just bought their new and improved one and like it even better.

quiltstringz 04-11-2013 07:19 AM

I wore mine out. The spring broke on it, and I'm using it taped. Not good, I know, but I can't afford a new one. They're too expensive for me. But, I do really like it.

Why don't you email them - I bet they would send you a spring and it would be safer than using it taped.

Z 04-11-2013 02:06 PM

You can get a replacement spring. Contact customer service.

BertieD 04-11-2013 02:43 PM

Right after I purchased mine, the spring came off and I called them. They said send it back and they replaced it. I do like mine; however, I have to say I don't use mine correctly most of the time. I tend to 'pinch' mine rather than leave my wrist in horizontal position like you're supposed to.

patchsamkim 04-11-2013 03:28 PM

I had one and ended up selling it. I had osteoarthritis surgery many years ago. Something about the way you have to hold it and push down really bothered my hand. I do fine with the ergonomic Olfa cutter.

QKO 04-12-2013 07:43 AM

I use one for all my shop cutting - easy on the hands as long as you use it correctly - and the blades seem to stay sharp forever. Well worth the money - I wouldn't use any other 60mm cutter.

benndm 05-06-2013 10:43 PM

I thank everyone for the information. I think I will try one.

nancy14418 05-10-2013 02:34 PM

Aria,

If you call they will send you new springs, you just need to know if it is a 60mm or 45mm blade, free of charge. They even have a video on their web site to show you how to put it on. I did it myself, even with my crooked fingers!

I really love my Martelli cutter. I have to sit for everything, and using this cutter makes it easy. It cuts so easily without any pressure on my hands either. I highly recommend this for anyone, but especially those with painful hands and wrists.