Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My sewing is really going to slow down (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sewing-really-going-slow-down-t141674.html)

thismomquilts 08-02-2011 07:12 AM

we homeschool and don't start until Sept. 6... as a child we always started the day after Labor Day - I've kept up that tradition with my kids. :)

jaly3162 08-02-2011 11:28 AM

It is hot for the Kids too!!

Qwiltylady 08-02-2011 12:36 PM

Thanks to all the teachers that will start over the next weeks we will keep your spirits up!

Quilter54 08-02-2011 04:25 PM

My daughter is a teacher that is why I babysit. She goes back Aug. 8 which I thought was crazy. Aug. 1 really is. She has high school kids.

Originally Posted by Quilter54
I have watched two of my grandkids since they were 3 months old. Exhausting, but quilting keeps me sane. The GK's are 3 & 5 yrs. old now. And I work. I would go crazy if not for quilting.

Originally Posted by hsweany
I go back to work tomorrow. I teach Kindergarten and i can tell you after a day with 5 year olds all i can do is lie on the couch. I love my job, but August 1....really.
Be sure to post lots of pics to get me motivated by the weekend! Lol

QuiltnLady1 08-02-2011 05:49 PM

Thanks to all you teachers -- you are the foundation for everything this country has achieved!!!

wakrueger 08-04-2011 06:03 PM

I also am a teacher starting in a new area this year. I've been in a regular classroom for 22 years and am going to start teaching music this year. It's like starting all over again. I will have kindergarten through 5th grade students every day. I am right there with you on being too tired to do anything but hit the couch at the end of the day. I hope your year goes well and you are able to squeeze in some fun stuff after school starts.

ging10ging 08-08-2011 05:21 PM

Congrats to all our teachers they have to have so much patience. I had three small kids at the same time and I can't imagine being in the classroom all day with a whole bunch of little darlings. God bless you all. Sue

cawsings 08-09-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by wakrueger
I also am a teacher starting in a new area this year. I've been in a regular classroom for 22 years and am going to start teaching music this year. It's like starting all over again. I will have kindergarten through 5th grade students every day. I am right there with you on being too tired to do anything but hit the couch at the end of the day. I hope your year goes well and you are able to squeeze in some fun stuff after school starts.

I teach K-5 music, too! This will be my 6th year of teaching (one year was middle school and high school, the rest have been K-8 or K-5). I'm not looking forward to less sewing/quilting time...especially at the beginning of the year. It seems like during the first month I am in bed at like 8pm. My husband teaches too but does the high school's television station and has to supervise students who broadcast school sports and/or community events once or twice a week so those will be the times when I will definitely have time to sew/quilt.

Well, off to work in my room! The kiddos come back on the 17th.