Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My trip to Joanns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-trip-joanns-t15462.html)

Sweetness 01-16-2009 10:07 AM

I feel bad...but I tried.

I went to Joanns last night because I had the "itch" to not let my 50% coupons (2) expire. I didn't want to spend much...so I just spent some time looking around.

Anyway...they had some really cute flannels on clearance $3 yd + 50% off (so $1.50 a yd) so I picked up 4 yds (1 yd ea of 4 coordinating patterns) to make 3 receiving blankets and several burping pads for my great-nephew that we're expecting in late April. So I figured $6 for all that is still cheaper than in the store, plus "I" made it =)

But I still had my 50% off coupons...well I found this adorable kit that was bright & colorful and soft. It wasn't on sale so I could use my coupon.

ANYWAY...to make a long story short....I only got charged for 3 of the 4 flannel cuts and the kit was marked down to $9.97...I told the girl I had 4 cuts and that the the original price was $19.99 but she swore she was accurate...and that I could still use my coupons. I'm like okay...I'm not going to say it twice.

The moral of the story is I will be making 3 receiving blankets, a baby quilt and burping cloths for under $10!

Izy 01-16-2009 10:08 AM

Wow Lori, what a bargain, can you post some pictures so we can all ogle them please :D

Quilt4u 01-16-2009 10:17 AM

Wow what a great deal.

sewjoyce 01-16-2009 01:54 PM

LOL -- you DID try to tell her she was wrong :-) :-)

beachlady 01-16-2009 01:59 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Sweetness 01-16-2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Wow Lori, what a bargain, can you post some pictures so we can all ogle them please :D

Will do! I've been gone all day (still am...i love laptops!) but as soon as I'm home I take some pics.

Sweetness 01-16-2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
LOL -- you DID try to tell her she was wrong :-) :-)

I'm glad someone else feels that way. I mean I always try to be honest...if someone gives me the wrong change, charges me the wrong price, etc. I give it back, I say something. I just believe in being that way...karma is important to me.

I felt bad about this, but I felt like I tried. I'm not going to fight with someone. I wasn't going to put it back...I found something I liked.

Hopefully it won't bite me in the butt!

fabricluvr 01-16-2009 03:43 PM

that's ok. that makes up for me buying the fons & porter magazine thinking i would use the coupon on it, but they did their usual and had magazines 10% off (no sign posted). so instead i got 50 cents off a package of $1 acrylic stamps and paid nearly $6 for the magazine! i never pay that much for magazines! i would have gotten it from the library! that's what happens when you don't pay attention!

so now they're even!

dreamer2009 01-16-2009 04:04 PM

can't wait to see pictures :D :D

sewnsewer2 01-16-2009 04:15 PM

I'm like that too Sweetness.