Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New ideas: Irish Chain variations (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-ideas-irish-chain-variations-t7325.html)

Barbm 05-23-2008 03:55 AM

I love it!!! What size blocks are you looking at? How soon until we see the results? You are so artistic!

DazzleMe! 05-23-2008 04:02 AM

I love this variation!!!! Like you say all the texture going on! With all those ideas dancing in your head how do you find the time to do anything else!!! You are very talented!! Keep up the good work!!!

DonnaRae 05-23-2008 04:17 AM

The first pattern reminds me of an arcade game quilt I saw recently. Not the same, but close. Wish I could remember where I saw it. If I do I will post it. I like the one you designed. :D

amma 05-23-2008 06:01 AM

You out did your self once again! I love the color combinations! Lots of movement! WOW :D :D :D

Flying_V_Goddess 05-23-2008 07:56 PM

Thanks guys!

As far as publishing any designs, I'm not sure how. I read a little bit on getting copyrights on them and most of it (probably the really important stuff) went over my head. It was like reading a stereo manual.

Barbm---I don't know when I'm actually gonna make this. I still got two quilts to work on/finish plus work on the designs for the quilted sea map and the 8 stained glass wall hangings.

DonnaRae---Arcade quilt? Space Invaders maybe?

zyxquilts 05-23-2008 08:06 PM

Awesome! :thumbup:

DonnaRae 05-23-2008 09:28 PM

Hee Hee, space invaders, I use to play that years ago. No I don't think so. I was looking at some Tettrus Quilts and it was a site that had all kinds of vidio quilts. I will remember sometime. Also I have a link somewhere that I just got that tells you about copywrite and it is kind of in laymans terms, well as best as it could be. So now that is two things for me to find. :shock: You are really good at disigning, so you should think about it. You disign them anyway, might as well do something with them! And how fun :D

Flying_V_Goddess 05-24-2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Hee Hee, space invaders, I use to play that years ago. No I don't think so. I was looking at some Tettrus Quilts and it was a site that had all kinds of vidio quilts. I will remember sometime. Also I have a link somewhere that I just got that tells you about copywrite and it is kind of in laymans terms, well as best as it could be. So now that is two things for me to find. :shock: You are really good at disigning, so you should think about it. You disign them anyway, might as well do something with them! And how fun :D

Layman terms?

Like I said, I'd like to publish my designs...just not sure how to go about it. Mainly a matter of the legal issues and whatnot. That and I'm not sure how I would get them made...don't really have a decent computer program that could make pattern bookets or draw up the patterns themselves (I don't even have Microsoft Word, let alone EQ or anything else that might be of use to me). And I'd have to print them from home...and the computer and printer isn't mine so Mom wouldn't be too happy about me making all these patterns and wasting her ink...and we don't have a Kinkos or anything like that around here.

DonnaRae 05-24-2008 05:30 PM

Well keep all your patterns that you have done so far. You never know what the future holds. And also to let you know Kinkos you can get all printing things done online and they will mail to you. If not online you can even call and mail them. There are lots of ways to do things it is just reseach and wanting to do them. :D

DA Mayer 05-24-2008 05:58 PM

I made my sons split rail fence quilts when they were young. If I can remember how it would go together it would be fun to try the beautiful blue one.