Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Projects for 2013?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-projects-2013-a-t210638.html)

quiltingb1 01-10-2013 04:35 PM

I am starting a double wedding ring, want to make a couple of Easter wallhangings, and then do a storm at Sea. I am sure I will also do some kind of applique quilt too since I love the look of applique.

Cybrarian 01-10-2013 06:00 PM

I'm starting off the year with a bargello for my DS
and DDIL using material from the reception table runners. Then a purse for same DDIL, a string block quilt for us, a slash & stitch for DGS' s mom and a tablerunner for nieces' new house. oh yes and a braided with curves wall hanging called "snake in the grass". That should keep me busy for a while.

gramajo 01-10-2013 07:41 PM

First, I'm finishing 4 UFOs, one lap quilt that was supposed to be for Christmas and 3 small ones from classes I took last fall. When they are done, I'm making a quilt for me using screen printed fabrics of pictures/post cards from Yosemite. This will be a memory quilt about my trip to CA last fall for BBF's 70th birthday and our five days camping in Yosemite. Then I'll see what I want to do; I have many, many PIGS with fabric bought, patterns decided upon. All I need is time ;)

Pat625 01-10-2013 10:07 PM

I am working on handquilting one for ME!! Finally! THen over the next year, I have 5 more grandchildren to make a quilt for ( got 9 done this past year) I have a graduation gift quilt to make, and begin on quilts for each of my 9 children. SO>>>will be very busy health permitting!

janedee 01-10-2013 11:03 PM

I have a couple, I am determined to do a wholecloth just a cot size one to start with plus a sampler applique one, both will be done by hand (my favourite method) but first I must finish quilting 2 others which are for birthdays later in the year, as I do all my quilting by hand progress is slow!!!!

DOTTYMO 01-10-2013 11:26 PM

I go to quilt class where I will be taking a new pattern to do just there, 'hunter's star'. Not sure how big this quilt will be because I am making it with just 2 fabrics and one was purchased waiting for the right pattern.
At home I am doing applique at night and any sewing I feel like during the day as well as knitting. I am waiting for a baby bear quilt pattern to make for a baby due in February, followed by a frog quilt for an April baby.

sewbeadit 01-11-2013 12:56 AM

Woody, that is a beautiful quilt you are making, the Sea Urchins. Let us see how it is going later.

Originally Posted by woody (Post 5776664)
I bought some patterns from Quiltworx, so I will start with this one http://www.quiltworx.com/patterns/sea-urchins/ and I am still working on my Affairs of the Heart needle turn applique quilt, I have now done 22 blocks out of the 36 in the quilt. If I can get both of these finished before the end of this year I will be really happy. :) I might just have to throw in a quick and easy project somewhere just for fun.

nygal 01-11-2013 04:15 AM

I have about three new projects planned in my head that I want to do so far this year. My 5 yr. old Grandson will be going to preschool starting next week so that means I'll have the FREE time to do these!! I watch him and it is impossible to get serious about quilting etc. in my studio when he is with me. So God willing once he starts preschool to prepare him for Kindergarten I can get busy sewing again.

Two of the projects are paper pieced quilts and one is a scrap quilt using all the left over civil war repro fabrics from my Dear Jane quilt.

bcross 01-11-2013 05:54 AM

I have bought fabric for 2 of Debbie Maddy's quilts: 1) Carpenter's Star and 2) Ashley. I've also got some other projects with the fabric bought and organized for quilts. I'm going to finish some UFOs first.

gabeway 01-11-2013 07:53 AM

We actually have a couple binders with patterns we've pulled from magazines. We decide who we need to make a quilt for and look through the books to pick one that fits.