Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No gumption to sew!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-gumption-sew-t17991.html)

quilterj 03-22-2009 12:08 PM

I have been in one of those moods where I tell myself when I get home from work I will do this and this and get back to my sewing. Well for the last 2 or 3 weeks I haven't had the gumption to do anything. Have you ever felt like that except when your feeling sick? Today I pulled out my machine and a block to work on and now just to get started I have made it that far and feel alittle better. But once I get started there are days I could sew all day and not want to go to sleep at night. Well my machine is calling me.

Shemjo 03-22-2009 12:12 PM

Been there, done that! I have been on line here so much that I haven't done much sewing. Today, the sun is shining and I feel like sewing! :lol:

Dingle 03-22-2009 01:32 PM

Ya know, I have been feeling like that for the last 4-5 weeks. My biggest problem is I do have a small fabric stash but nothing really goes together so I can't get motivated. Being new to quilting I'm not sure what pattern to use. I don't want to do the same one over and over again. Not to mention I can't just run out and buy since there is nothing in this town. Someone gave me a boat load of 4" squares. I have no idea what to do with them. They don't go together any better then my small stash. The longer this goes on I'm thinking I may lose interest :(

SulaBug 03-22-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Been there, done that! I have been on line here so much that I haven't done much sewing. Today, the sun is shining and I feel like sewing! :lol:

I am feeling the same way as Shemjo today, also. I think it happens to all of us. I just need to get off this computer & start SEWING!! But I don't want to miss anything!! :D :D :D :D

sharon b 03-22-2009 01:55 PM

been there done that , most of the winter has been that way for me and I have PLENTY of fabric ! In my case i think the lack of sun and it being so cold has killed my creatiness. For example, my niece is getting married and loves mickey and Minnie mouse, i have the brother disney embroidery machine.... do you think I could remember that and make her something special for the shower ? Uh no...Its been a bad winter for me... Just hang in there it does get better
Sharon

pocoellie 03-22-2009 02:03 PM

I think everyone has been there, quilterj.

Dingle, please don't give up. What patterns have you done? You could use those 4" squares for lots of different blocks.

BellaBoo 03-22-2009 02:25 PM

I get this way a lot. I find if I re organize my sewing room it helps to get in a sewing mood.

Machel 03-22-2009 03:18 PM

Yes I think that we all have been there or are there. I call it being frumpy

Skeat 03-22-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I get this way a lot. I find if I re organize my sewing room it helps to get in a sewing mood.

That is exactly my cure! I think sometimes we are just worn slick from the real life in everything we do in a day! It's not the actual working on a project that can get us, is sometimes the getting it all out to do or organized together to work on something that is our dread. I know I have to move upstairs when the weather gets cold and sometimes it is the dread of going back down AGAIN for that 1 thing!:)So, if that is it..organize yourself and area to sew 'tomorrow'..have it all out and organized and ready...so there is no 'think' to it...just the enjoyment. If I am in my real area...I do find picking it up and getting things back like I like it...can really motivate me to make a mess again!:)Keep us posted! Skeat

quilterj 03-22-2009 04:09 PM

Thanks everyone I feel much better after hearing that you go through this too.