Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Now Walmart has material back, does anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/now-walmart-has-material-back-does-anyone-t167798.html)

deedum 11-12-2011 04:39 AM

Now Walmart has material back, does anyone?

Just wondering, now Walmart has material back, if anyone is shopping there lately, and supporting it? I have seen it in our local store but have not brought anything there. What is your opinion of the fabric? Department?

wuv2quilt 11-12-2011 04:42 AM

I've bought some from my local WM....thick, good quality,.....looks the same as LQS fabric. Although, the price was lower than the LQS. :thumbup:

QuiltnNan 11-12-2011 04:44 AM

We only got precuts back. I have looked at them and I could see using some of them. But it is not like a real fabric department. I was on the fabric buying moratorium which just ended. I haven't had a need to buy any yet this month.

quiltinghere 11-12-2011 05:21 AM

I have not looked for/at any fabric at WM - have enough right now and didn't want to be tempted. :thumbup:

KerryK 11-12-2011 05:31 AM

My local WM has not gotten theirs in yet. I've been told it will be in the spring before they have fabric. I'm hoping they have a full department, and not just precuts. However, I have read on other threads that they are seeing a mix of good fabrics and not-so-good, so I guess you just have to check it out. I know when mine gets fabric in, I will for sure be checking it out.

Glenda m 11-12-2011 05:45 AM

Got some fabric at the Yukon, Ok store just yesterday. They don't have much there and I saw some fabric that I remember from when I worked in my local store. Like greeting old friends. LOL They had some $2 fabric that seemed like good quality, but nothing in patterns that I needed. But will check back and maybe add to the "stash."

NikkiLu 11-12-2011 06:16 AM

Ours is horrible - a few fleeces, a few flannels and very few cotton quilting fabrics. Mostly sleezy, thin fabrics. Not enough prints to make a decent quilt. Doubt if anybody will be buying anything - so, once again, they will close the department.

itwrx4me 11-12-2011 06:24 AM

I just checked one of the Walmarts in central Ohio yesterday. Fairly large selection, but the cottons were thin and nothing really called to me. They had quite a lot of fleece, so might make some pajamas. Several racks of patterns, but an odd selection of stuff to choose from. Seemed to be a lot of doll and accessories. Probably won't be buying anything from them to use for quilting at all. I think my local Joann's has some better stuff for quilting compared to Walmart.

Annaquilts 11-12-2011 06:24 AM

The two close by me have not changed, one has precuts and one has on the bolt but both sections are tiny and nothing compared to what they used to be. I look nearly weekly but it is hard to find anything I would want. Oh I did buy 4 yards of fleece at about $2.50 a yard to make a fleece tie lap blanket for DS girlfriend.

athomenow 11-12-2011 06:25 AM

I have bought some a couple of times when I needed to finish something and I was in there. I don't think the quality is bad and it's about $4 to $6 a yd for the better stuff.