Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Okay, folks, I finally have to share my secret--New Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/okay-folks-i-finally-have-share-my-secret-new-machine-t219731.html)

oldquilter 04-22-2013 08:37 AM

Okay, folks, I finally have to share my secret--New Machine

Hi, all. Everyone was so kind when I asked advice on machines, remember when I was ready to shoot my Singer Quantum? My husband asked me to research what I really wanted. Then we drove to Cannonsburg, Pa to the closest Janome dealer I could find(approx 50 miles from home, guess we live in the boonies:).The shop is called Sew Much Fun, Sue Gates is the owner, I was looking for a machine to quilt, sew and do a little embroidery, without a lot of cussing and screaming and crying. Sue was so gracious, showed me the different machines, then she and my husband talked me into the Memory Craft 11,00 Special Edition. Only costs about twice as much as I was planning to spend. But both Sue and My DH were RIGHT. I have had it since March 29, 2013. I have probably sewed every day but a couple since then. I have been holding my breath, not telling anyone about my new baby. I was so gun shy, from my other mess. Anyway, THANKS to everyone, and I am having such a good time again. It has done everything I asked it to do, have yet to break a needle, love learning all the new features. Now I have tons of ideas I want to try, especially with the embroidery feature, and Acufill quilting. And the shop is not so far away, if I have problems. I really appreciate this board, and all the people willing to share advice, and ideas!

LynnVT 04-22-2013 08:39 AM

As a Janome lover, I share your joy! My MC 9000 is ten years old and still working beautifully.

jcrow 04-22-2013 08:40 AM

Isn't it nice to have a machine you really, really like and does what you want it to? Congrats to you and to your husband for supporting you! He's a keeper for sure!!

crafty pat 04-22-2013 08:42 AM

So happy you found a great new machine. Sounds like you are having a world of fun and that is what it is all about. Show us some of your work.

QuiltnNan 04-22-2013 09:08 AM

congrats on your new machine.

BellaBoo 04-22-2013 09:13 AM

A new machine is exciting! I had to chuckle at driving 50 miles, I go that far to a guild meeting or to eat lunch. I will be so glad when DH retires so we can move.

Nammie to 7 04-22-2013 11:06 AM

Congratulations on your new machine. It is great when someone finds the machine of their dreams.

Karenowc 04-22-2013 05:30 PM

Oh, that's wonderful. I love Janome machines - I've had a ton of them. they are work horses, thats for sure.

Quilting Grandma 04-22-2013 06:39 PM

Oh what fun you have ahead of you. I bought the 1100 SE a year ago and love, love it. Sews like a dream and how much fun is the embroidery. Being able to download embroidery patterns to a jump drive is so great. Have fun.
Janice

oldquilter 04-22-2013 06:57 PM

Oh, how nice to hear you have the same machine, and love it. I had a little trouble recovering from how much I spent, but sure am happy with it.