Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff expression 4.0 bobbin trouble? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-expression-4-0-bobbin-trouble-t49756.html)

fabric-holic 06-16-2010 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I hope she is taking classes with her new machine.

When I got my new Babylock, I got 4 free classes - from basic maintenance to all the feet and not sure what else. There are two classes in the Mastery Series that are not covered and I plan to pay for those. These new ones are not easy to learn on your own (IMO). I decided that I would not put up with any frustration but wait for the classes to sink in.

It may be worth for your friend to check if there is a forum for the Pfaff Expression. She may get lucky and hook up with some nice folks like the QB.

Yes she's had 1 class and the next one is this Saturday.

littlehud 06-18-2010 09:00 AM

My son has the 4.0 and seems to be doing fine.

fabric-holic 06-18-2010 03:02 PM

She's spoken to the LQS service guy and he's going to look at it on Monday. He thinks something needs adjusting. She's pretty p.o.'d that he wouldn't do it today. But he said he had to leave early.

Caer Urfa 06-18-2010 03:09 PM

I have had this machine for 12 months and have had no trouble with the bobbin. In fact I am very happy with it.

fabric-holic 06-18-2010 03:18 PM

I'm beginning to think it might be 1/2 machine and 1/2 her....lol.
She's not good with "change" so maybe having a new machine is a large learning curve for her.

She said she'd call me Monday after the service guy looks at it.

katei 06-18-2010 03:27 PM

I have the Expression 4 and it does take a bit of getting used to. It's certainly not error tolerant. When your friend is winding the bobbin, tell her to make sure she is threading the machine so that the thread goes round the upper part of the thread guide. If it goes round the under part that could be causing her problem. PM me if you need further details.

lab fairy 06-18-2010 04:06 PM

I've actually heard something about this while I was at my dealer taking a class. I'm not sure about posting the dealer's web site but I'll pass it on to those I feel are in need.

lab fairy 06-18-2010 04:08 PM

oops

lab fairy 06-18-2010 04:10 PM

Can someone take my last post down, I goofed up and was supposed to send it privately. Never mind, I found a way to get the post down. Not perfect, but, it will work until someone can pull it down. I realized I don't know how to edit/delete my own message.

fabric-holic 06-19-2010 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Can someone take my last post down, I goofed up and was supposed to send it privately. Never mind, I found a way to get the post down. Not perfect, but, it will work until someone can pull it down. I realized I don't know how to edit/delete my own message.

I got your PM and PM'd you back.
Thanks