Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Qrand Quilter 18.8 with Quilt Artist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-qrand-quilter-18-8-quilt-artist-t176470.html)

olbiddie66 01-21-2012 03:16 PM

Pfaff Qrand Quilter 18.8 with Quilt Artist

Does anybody on this site work with the Pfaff Grand Quilter w/ the "Quilt Artist"? I have this machine and am just getting into it, after some trial and error it is finally starting to come together for me, but I still have some bugs to work out and would love to talk to someone else that is also working on this set-up and maybe get some pointers. If no one on this site is working on this machine, does anyone know of a site where I could get some answers?:)

Karenowc 01-21-2012 03:22 PM

There is a Pfaff Yahoo group. You would probably find some answers there.

olbiddie66 01-21-2012 03:49 PM

They don't really seem to address the "Quilt Artist" there, I am drawing a blank on getting any help with the Quilt Artist any where.:(

QKO 01-22-2012 09:33 AM

This is the same machine as the Viking Megaquilter 18-8 so you might look into that area as well for information.

Debbie61 08-10-2012 08:16 PM

Hi olbiddie66! I have the Pfaff Powerquilter P3, which is replacing the Grand Quilter 18.8. I also have the Quilt Artist II. I just got it up and running today. I was playing around with it a bit. Seems like it should be pretty easy to use. The girl that works for Red Deer Sewing Centre used to work for me, so she is going to come and help me with any questions. She will help me out. If you have certain questions I could maybe ask her for you.

Debbie61 01-03-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by olbiddie66 (Post 4897241)
They don't really seem to address the "Quilt Artist" there, I am drawing a blank on getting any help with the Quilt Artist any where.:(

I have the Pfaff P3 Powerpoint with the Quilt Artist. This is the machine that they replaced the Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with. I am fairly new with the Quilt Artist, but have been progressing quite well. I have quilted 4 quilts with it for Christmas. I had watched a video on You tube for a different computerized quilt program and then went back to looking and playing with my Quilt Artist and have been able to work things out so far. The booklet that they send with the Quilt Artist is not very well instructed. I will try to answer any questions for you. Like I say I am just learning too, but maybe we could work together on it.

volkman 01-07-2013 10:11 PM

Iam searching for the best buy on the pfaff powerpoint with the quilt artartist.I spoke with dealer and she quoted15,000 for table and machine.does anyone know if this is in the ballpark.

Nilla 01-08-2013 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by volkman (Post 5770475)
Iam searching for the best buy on the pfaff powerpoint with the quilt artartist.I spoke with dealer and she quoted15,000 for table and machine.does anyone know if this is in the ballpark.

I was quoted 13,500 for the Pfaff PowerQuilter P3 with Quilt Artist II from one LQS, and 15,900 from another, which was discounted for paying cash rather than financing. The 15,900 includes leader cloths, thread and multiple individualized classes including materials (fabric, batting etc).

So yes, I'd say that's in the ballpark. Good luck with your decision!

tina1952 08-26-2013 03:38 PM

quilt artist

Originally Posted by Debbie61 (Post 5758888)
I have the Pfaff P3 Powerpoint with the Quilt Artist. This is the machine that they replaced the Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with. I am fairly new with the Quilt Artist, but have been progressing quite well. I have quilted 4 quilts with it for Christmas. I had watched a video on You tube for a different compiuterized quilt program and then went back to looking and playing with my Quilt Artist and have been able to work things out so far. The booklet that they send with the Quilt Artist is not very well instructed. I will try to answer any questions for you. Like I say I am just learning too, but maybe we could work together on it.

I have quilt artist 2 also and am having difficulty using it. Can we email each other?

olbiddie66 08-27-2013 07:57 AM

I'm moving along on quilting with it.
If you ever see Lisa Rodger at an event go sit in. She really knows the machine and the quilt artist. I have went to hear her 2 times and learned a lot. One thing that she said that she had was a pdf of the designs and where they are located, that she would send to the dealer and she is to be sending to me.
please keep in touch and maybe we can solve more problems.