Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pfaff Qrand Quilter 18.8 with Quilt Artist

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3

    Question Pfaff Qrand Quilter 18.8 with Quilt Artist

    Does anybody on this site work with the Pfaff Grand Quilter w/ the "Quilt Artist"? I have this machine and am just getting into it, after some trial and error it is finally starting to come together for me, but I still have some bugs to work out and would love to talk to someone else that is also working on this set-up and maybe get some pointers. If no one on this site is working on this machine, does anyone know of a site where I could get some answers?

  2. #2
    Junior Member Karenowc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    293
    There is a Pfaff Yahoo group. You would probably find some answers there.
    Karen in CA
    Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock Enlighten Serger, Janome 6600, Janome 760 for travel

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    They don't really seem to address the "Quilt Artist" there, I am drawing a blank on getting any help with the Quilt Artist any where.

  4. #4
    QKO
    QKO is offline
    Super Member QKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Nevada
    Posts
    2,528
    This is the same machine as the Viking Megaquilter 18-8 so you might look into that area as well for information.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hi olbiddie66! I have the Pfaff Powerquilter P3, which is replacing the Grand Quilter 18.8. I also have the Quilt Artist II. I just got it up and running today. I was playing around with it a bit. Seems like it should be pretty easy to use. The girl that works for Red Deer Sewing Centre used to work for me, so she is going to come and help me with any questions. She will help me out. If you have certain questions I could maybe ask her for you.
    Last edited by Debbie61; 08-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by olbiddie66 View Post
    They don't really seem to address the "Quilt Artist" there, I am drawing a blank on getting any help with the Quilt Artist any where.
    I have the Pfaff P3 Powerpoint with the Quilt Artist. This is the machine that they replaced the Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with. I am fairly new with the Quilt Artist, but have been progressing quite well. I have quilted 4 quilts with it for Christmas. I had watched a video on You tube for a different computerized quilt program and then went back to looking and playing with my Quilt Artist and have been able to work things out so far. The booklet that they send with the Quilt Artist is not very well instructed. I will try to answer any questions for you. Like I say I am just learning too, but maybe we could work together on it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    21
    Iam searching for the best buy on the pfaff powerpoint with the quilt artartist.I spoke with dealer and she quoted15,000 for table and machine.does anyone know if this is in the ballpark.
    Last edited by volkman; 01-07-2013 at 10:14 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by volkman View Post
    Iam searching for the best buy on the pfaff powerpoint with the quilt artartist.I spoke with dealer and she quoted15,000 for table and machine.does anyone know if this is in the ballpark.
    I was quoted 13,500 for the Pfaff PowerQuilter P3 with Quilt Artist II from one LQS, and 15,900 from another, which was discounted for paying cash rather than financing. The 15,900 includes leader cloths, thread and multiple individualized classes including materials (fabric, batting etc).

    So yes, I'd say that's in the ballpark. Good luck with your decision!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    quilt artist

    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie61 View Post
    I have the Pfaff P3 Powerpoint with the Quilt Artist. This is the machine that they replaced the Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with. I am fairly new with the Quilt Artist, but have been progressing quite well. I have quilted 4 quilts with it for Christmas. I had watched a video on You tube for a different compiuterized quilt program and then went back to looking and playing with my Quilt Artist and have been able to work things out so far. The booklet that they send with the Quilt Artist is not very well instructed. I will try to answer any questions for you. Like I say I am just learning too, but maybe we could work together on it.
    I have quilt artist 2 also and am having difficulty using it. Can we email each other?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    I'm moving along on quilting with it.
    If you ever see Lisa Rodger at an event go sit in. She really knows the machine and the quilt artist. I have went to hear her 2 times and learned a lot. One thing that she said that she had was a pdf of the designs and where they are located, that she would send to the dealer and she is to be sending to me.
    please keep in touch and maybe we can solve more problems.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi olbiddie66! We are sorry to hear you were having trouble getting started with Quilt Artist. We realize this is an older post, but in the future if you have any questions please feel free to visit our support page on our website www.quilt-ez.com or send an email to our support team at [email protected] with your contact information and any other details. Thanks and happy quilting!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    23
    hi I have had my machine for 3 years and have learned everything the hard way.
    I absolutely love my machine and the computer on it how can I help.
    MERRY GREGG

  13. #13
    Super Member GEMRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South West Ontario
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-EZ View Post
    Hi olbiddie66! We are sorry to hear you were having trouble getting started with Quilt Artist. We realize this is an older post, but in the future if you have any questions please feel free to visit our support page on our website www.quilt-ez.com or send an email to our support team at [email protected] with your contact information and any other details. Thanks and happy quilting!
    I have a P3 with Quilt Artist II that has some glitches. My local Pfaff dealer is trying to trouble shoot with their tech (at Pfaff), maybe I should be contacting Quilt-EZ?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    I have a P3 with Quilt Artist II that has some glitches. My local Pfaff dealer is trying to trouble shoot with their tech (at Pfaff), maybe I should be contacting Quilt-EZ?
    We hope you got everything worked out! If you are still having troubles or have any troubles in the future, feel free to contact us at our email above or simply visit our support page on www.quilt-ez.com

  15. #15
    Super Member GEMRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South West Ontario
    Posts
    1,371
    The dealer has been trying, in conjunction with some assistance from Pfaff, so far without success. I have emailed your company and gotten a response and offer of help, I need to get some info to Quilt -EZ to move along on this.
    I am so pleased with how quickly Quilt-EZ responded to me!!!!
    (I'm the one who said I learned of your company's offer on the QB)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.