Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pizza Boxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pizza-boxes-t781.html)

mary705 03-27-2007 03:31 AM

sounds nice

vicki reno 03-27-2007 03:37 AM

I was with a group that did a queen size one for a rafle for a church. We did sew them by hand, but I really hate hand sewing :( Then everyone bailed out on me before it was done and I had to complete it myself. Someitmes people give their word and don't really mean what they say! It was done at last and raffled off, but never again!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-27-2007 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
I have used pizza boxes for quite a while now. Also, a really good item is an Avon box that the representatives get their orders in the mail. They will hold a good sized project. I happened by a house where the Avon lady was throwing many of them away. I got all that my car would hold.

Oh, yeah! Avon boxes are awesome. I think they're great, especially since they have a lid that fits well. They hold a ton! I do believe they are the only things I ever received free from Avon when I sold. I used to have Avon boxes coming out my ears! (NO, not literally). I still have a few in the basement with stuff in them.

Debbie Murry 03-27-2007 03:46 AM

Vicki your a true blue die hard quilter. I'm sure whoever won that quilt appriciated it.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-27-2007 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
Those pottery dishes are also good to bake in........but not the scrawny little thing......... :lol: LOL My aunt had a banty called Wanda, she chased any visitors, would fly into your face, my cousin Wanda was terrified of her. It used to be so funny. cluck cluck whats her name?

So, don't bake a scrawny chicken in the pottery? LOL! I'm teasing!! I know what you're saying, I just thought I'd make a funny.
My DD wants chickens. I keep putting it off because DH would have to build a coop. He doesn't need to start anything else right now! LOL!

susan s. 03-27-2007 04:24 AM

Debbie thats a lot of color for one little block. :-) nice colors.!

BCA you must be in the country. I grew up rural. Mom raised chickens when I was in first grade. Dad raised pigs during that time. we also had a few horses and some cows. And a Shetland pony I rode one time and he brushed me off up against the barbwire and stepped on my arm. I LOVE the country :lol: :? My Mom's sister had a rooster that chased cars. Or motorcycles. really anything that moved. Everyone was afraid of that thing except Aunt V. I think he slept with her! :roll:

Norah 03-27-2007 04:35 AM

You gave me my giggle for the day. What a picture! We had a cow that thought it was a dog. We would walk her on a tether, and when we got back to the yard she would roll over with her legs up in the air, wanting to get her belly scratched.

ceannastahr 03-27-2007 05:42 AM

I was raised on a farm also had a pet pig that though it neede to go to school. everyday mom would have to get on the bus to get the pig off. As for leading calves and cows around the dogs when youngest sister was 4 she brough one of the calves in the house up the satirs to ask mom to put its rope on her so she could play. Mom was suprised when she turned around from making beds and saw the calf standing in the middle of the room. I think the most upsetting thing to Mom was when our bunny desided to have her babies in the box where she keep her stash. I still don't think that rabbit ran away.

Yvonne 03-27-2007 07:22 AM

Thank you ladies! I have had my smile already this morning. You've brought back a lot of great memories. It's going to be a great day, I can tell!!! :D

Leslee 03-27-2007 07:29 AM

We are a great group, aren't we? Where else can the topic go from Pizza boxes to cows that want tummy rubs, all in the same thread???!! :lol: