Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pizza Boxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pizza-boxes-t781.html)

quiltingmimipj 03-28-2007 12:33 PM

My Pizza Hut gave me my boxes. You can't beat that.

susan s. 03-28-2007 12:38 PM

ZYX-- did you do the quilt that is in your picture. popsup w/ your name.

zyxquilts 03-28-2007 12:47 PM

Susan - yes I did do that quilt. It was a mystery quilt we did in my quilt class, and the first quilt I've done with an 'on point' setting!

sue

susan s. 03-28-2007 01:01 PM

It's very pretty. Can't wait to be able to post some pic's.

GMaZ 03-29-2007 06:47 PM

Hi, everyone. I am new to the site. I have just read 5 pages of posts and now have some very good storage ideas. I also have some very vivid images of cows on their backs, calves in the bedroom, chickens attacking and pigs swimming. Glad this is a fun site. I have laughed a lot since page 1. Thanks for the smiles.

Randy 03-31-2007 09:15 AM

Hi Vicki:
Our quilt group decided to do a queen -sized double Irish Chain pattern quilt for a fundraiser for one of our domestic violence Programs.....before we got the thing cut out each of us were in need of THE PROGRAM's services! Never again! Try as we might NONE of us could cut accurately, NONE of us could sew an accurate 1/4 inch seam and it's on this project we realized the brand of thread used can make the difference in the width of a seam allowance. .. not all thread with the same size number is the same size! We affectionately called this quilt "the Devil's Quilt!" One of our members finally offered to take the quilt, tear it all apart and re-do it so we can get it to the fundraising stage before all of domestic violence is irradicated in our country. Now whenever someone suggests "making a quilt" for this or that we all have the same knee jerk response....."don't look at me, I don't do group quilts!" Good for you for finishing your groups quilt.
Randy

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-31-2007 11:18 AM

Holy COW! LOL! :lol:
Yeah, I do live in the country. We're on a farm, actually. ;)
Most of the sheep have had their lambs. I still need to get some pics. Maybe tomorrow.
THe horses still haven't had their babies, yet!

kaye wood 12-11-2007 10:47 AM

Easy hexagons

Hexagons are really easy to cut and sew. Make them any size, but don't use hand piecing techniques to sew by machine. Machine sewn hexagons are so easy. Free instructions are on my website www.kayewood.com

Minda 12-13-2007 04:01 PM

Welcome, Kaye. I'm so glad you decided to join us. This is a great group of quilters.

Minda

ProquiltLongarmARTQUILTER 02-17-2008 06:47 PM

:? MmmmmmmGoooood ,I think I'm Hungry, But yea I've seen others use P Boxes, I seem to not get new ones but clean ones. I save Sonic Ex Long Chili Cheese conie Boxes we get to go. Donuts,Cake Boxes DH brings home and I just started with learning piecing soooo I have empty Boxes, not all of them just some of.