Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   please opinion's needed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-opinions-needed-t55058.html)

Aully 07-18-2010 08:32 AM

I have received a whole bag of East Indian clothing from a fashion designer here in Calgary she told me to go ahead and use it all for quilting. Some of it she has put embellishments on. It is such beautiful stuff.

Should I use it or donate it to a used clothing store?

Thanks!

amma 07-18-2010 08:34 AM

If you would use it, keep it. If not? pass it on :D:D:D

Aully 07-18-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by amma

I just feel so bad to cut it up! :(

mlaceruby 07-18-2010 08:35 AM

I would make a big block quilt.

smtp5 07-18-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by amma

I vote on "pass it on"! someone can use it for quilting on this group!

dsb38327 07-18-2010 08:39 AM

Hi, it is nice to meet you. Welcome to the quiltingboard.
I am thinking she might have been specific when she suggested you use it for quilting (cut it up and make it look like something other than it does now). Would suggest you ask her permission before you pass it on to be worn. I am thinking she may have had copywright on the patterns or the items themselves. If she says it is okay and you feel they would offer high value to the wearer I am sure there are many who would enjoy them. You are being very nice to consider the needs of others rather than your desire to create. Nice to meet you.

Aully 07-18-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Hi, it is nice to meet you. Welcome to the quiltingboard.
I am thinking she might have been specific when she suggested you use it for quilting (cut it up and make it look like something other than it does now). Would suggest you ask her permission before you pass it on to be worn. I am thinking she may have had copywright on the patterns or the items themselves. If she says it is okay and you feel they would offer high value to the wearer I am sure there are many who would enjoy them. You are being very nice to consider the needs of others rather than your desire to create. Nice to meet you.

Thanks, Nice to meet you as well. I can't contact her as she has moved away. Thanks for the info!

Pam 07-18-2010 08:47 AM

Aully, I have hundreds of yards of silk, from vintage saris that I have collected over the past couple of years. I have designed some very simple patterns and have made some lovely jackets tops and skirts (I believe in letting beautiful fabric making simple clothes work). I also make scarves and wraps out of it.

The President's Challenge quilt this year is for a crazy quilt, and you guessed it, all of that lovely 24k gold trim is going to make it into that crazy quilt.

Aully 07-18-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Aully, I have hundreds of yards of silk, from vintage saris that I have collected over the past couple of years. I have designed some very simple patterns and have made some lovely jackets tops and skirts (I believe in letting beautiful fabric making simple clothes work). I also make scarves and wraps out of it.

The President's Challenge quilt this year is for a crazy quilt, and you guessed it, all of that lovely 24k gold trim is going to make it into that crazy quilt.

I would never wear the material so I would not make diffrent clothing from it. Thanks for your input!

Rebecca VLQ 07-18-2010 08:52 AM

If it is fit to wear, I would *love* to talk to you about any of the outfits. I'm pretty sure I was Indian in my past life. :D I can pay shipping.