Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Projects bought and waiting.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/projects-bought-waiting-t168934.html)

deedum 11-18-2011 06:30 PM

Projects bought and waiting..........

I took my friend out for a birthday lunch today, which included visiting quilting stores that we had never been too! It was fun, but I didn't buy much because I have so many promised patterns, materials and such waiting for me at home. I came home and counted 21 at least. Time for me to get serious. What about everyone else? How many do you have if any?

Sewflower 11-18-2011 06:32 PM

LOL Can't count that high.

labtechkty 11-18-2011 06:42 PM

two waiting, but there are so many I want to do...lol

Jo M 11-18-2011 07:02 PM

Well, let's see...these are the ones staring at me from their bins-
4 small camping/RVing theme pillows (12x16ish) 2 for DD & 2 for DS's camper
"Spruce It Up" Christmas quilt for DD
Aprons & potholders (Christmas gifts) for sisters, nieces, DD, friend, church ladies...(just finished a set tonight)
Pillowcases
Totes
Postage stamp quilt - blocks just need sashing
"Tools" quilt for DGS & "Manly" quilt for DS

Now I'm embarrased. I'm not a slacker...just a busy girl.

jaciqltznok 11-18-2011 07:08 PM

seriously I lost count after 30+

lfstamper 11-18-2011 07:13 PM

Really, count them? No way...lol.

Sunnie 11-18-2011 07:13 PM

Ah, just spent an hour and a half de-cluttering and found 5 WIP quilts (didn't know I had that many started) plus 4 quilts with fabrics lined up to start. Then there are the microwave bowl mitts I want to make for Christmas gifts and the fleece dog mats I need to make for trophies for a show. Many more patterns sitting around that I want to do. I guess I should get busy this weekend and try to finish off the WIPs. Then I can have some fun with the new stuff.

deedum 11-18-2011 07:17 PM

well I am starting to feel better, I am not alone!

AFQSinc 11-18-2011 07:48 PM

I feel like getting myself shocked this evening. So I'll play along and make a list. Here we go:

WIPS (To be finished piecing): Party mix. What a Bunch of Squares. Daiwabo BOM from 2003(?) Topsy-Turvy. 2011Thangles Series 7 Buck-A-Block.
Quilts to be sandwiched & quilted: What a Bunch of Squares (Yellow). Christmas Tree. Paisley Squares.
New projects: Rainbow blocks. Daiwabo Crosswalk. Daiwabo zig-zag. Civil War spools. Crow on a Pumpkin.

7 actual WIPS, 5 on deck. Not as bad as I thought it would be. This is also taking into consideration that in the past year I have completed 4 quilts (all of them new, no WIPS), and some mug rugs. I would like to get some of the projects that have been hanging around for a few years cleared out so that I can start getting into some wool applique projects. Now, if only my husband would agree to take himself, our kidlet, and the dog off for a nice long holiday, hire a cleaner to come in a couple of weeks a month, and someone to stock the fridge with a few tasty tidbits I could get to work! :)

jmabby 11-18-2011 07:52 PM

I enjoy making a quilt, if I start to check on what I haven't finished I'll get upset. Most do get done, but applique and the small detail ones take quite some time, I have to feel like doing it.