Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   purchased quilts from a store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/purchased-quilts-store-t110347.html)

suezquilts 03-24-2011 02:30 PM

Yes, My name is Sue and I am a fabraholic.

I have purchased 2, didn't need either. They were solid top and bottom, but had the neatest quilting, square in a square in a square... They were on clearance from like $90 to $20, so out of impluse alone I bought them.

I have a LA, and many sheets I could do the same thing...
But they were on sale.

ghostrider 03-24-2011 02:47 PM

I have a king size store bought solid black quilt, but, hey, I make my own soup and I still buy store bought of that, too. :lol: I have zero interest in making a quilt as large as the one I bought.

Shelbie 03-24-2011 02:47 PM

I had to buy a quilt when we purchased our King sized bed. I didn't have anything in my house large enough to fit. It was cheaply made, had awful colours but was only $20 in the clearance bin at one of those Bed and Bath stores. I now have three King sized quilts finished and my $20 quilt is in my son's camper. It's perfect on their bed, they drag it down to the beach and I don't care if it gets wet or dirty. It was $20 well spent.

Rose L 03-24-2011 02:50 PM

I love to decorate with quilts all around my home. I used to buy them if they are were well made and matched my decorating colors. Now that I'm retired and have the time to make my own that is how I will proceed but I still use and love all the quilts that I have purchased. I will say that they haven't held up all that well with regular laundering but maybe mine wouldn't either, who knows? I don't have little kids and pets all over the house anymore either so maybe I won't have to launder my quilts as often anymore. I don't see a problem with store purchased quilts personally.

quilter1943 03-24-2011 02:53 PM

I've bought several - one a twin double wedding ring that looks home made; one a Laura Ashley whole cloth that I could pass off as having made myself (but I don't). Another Baltimore Album that needs some work but I just loved the colors in it and will mend it next winter.

hperttula123 03-24-2011 03:07 PM

I don't buy them anymore. I did before I got a quilting machine because I couldn't do anything but tie them for a queen size. I'd rather make my own now. :)

thepolyparrot 03-24-2011 03:09 PM

I bought a quilted cotton bedspread at Kohl's. It's holding up very well after several launderings and almost four years of use. I made curtains to go with it and I'm making a bedskirt. I hope by the time it wears out, I will have my own purple quilt made, but in the meantime, this one is so soft and very thick and heavy - really beautiful.

hobbykat1955 03-24-2011 03:31 PM

All my bed quilts are bought...I make tons and give them away...Have a couple of lap quilts I keep in the LR for cold winter nights while watching TV.
I buy quilts in antique shops and ebay...I just love to give old quilts made by someone else a home...I usually display those...

tortoisethreads 03-24-2011 03:32 PM

Oh I use my quilts! i love to see them on all of our beds and couches.

QuiltnNan 03-24-2011 04:09 PM

if i love the pattern and is too complicated for me to make, i would buy it.