Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Purchasing from blog sites (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/purchasing-blog-sites-t40666.html)

LeeJay 03-25-2010 09:57 AM

A few months ago I found a list of items for sale by website participants (quilting blog). I found several reasonably priced books/ patterns and placed my order by private email to the seller. We agreed on the total price, I sent her a check ($30.00). She received my check and cashed it, but I did not receive my merchandise. She seemed distraught and remorseful that I hadn't received it, checked with me several times, but never offered to refund my money. I did not ask for reimbursement either. I feel that it was my responsibility to send payment, and hers was to provide the merchandise. I am not going to pursue the issue, but am curious as to how some of you might have handled a situation like this?

Oklahoma Suzie 03-25-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by LeeJay
A few months ago I found a list of items for sale by website participants (quilting blog). I found several reasonably priced books/ patterns and placed my order by private email to the seller. We agreed on the total price, I sent her a check ($30.00). She received my check and cashed it, but I did not receive my merchandise. She seemed distraught and remorseful that I hadn't received it, checked with me several times, but never offered to refund my money. I did not ask for reimbursement either. I feel that it was my responsibility to send payment, and hers was to provide the merchandise. I am not going to pursue the issue, but am curious as to how some of you might have handled a situation like this?

I'm not sure how I would handle it. But I do hope you get your order.

Marjpf 03-25-2010 10:15 AM

I learned that when I send something out, to make sure there is a way to track it. You could ask for the tracking number for the shipment. On the other hand, I bought something once that finally showed up about a month later. Looked like the post office had sent it pretty much around the world before it arrived.

DebraK 03-25-2010 10:34 AM

I don't know what more you can do. I actually had an opposite sort of experience. I ordered a pattern once, and the blogger sent me two because she was out of town for the weekend, and was sorry she had sent my pattern late. I hadn't even complained or noticed the delay.

Boston1954 03-25-2010 10:48 AM

The first thought in my mind would be a call to the Better Business Bureau.

Candace 03-25-2010 10:53 AM

I typically try to pay with everything online via paypal. That way if I don't receive my purchase I can get my money back. I send checks very rarely now, if ever. Paypal makes life much easier.

DebraK 03-25-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
The first thought in my mind would be a call to the Better Business Bureau.

I wouldn't do that without mentioning it to the seller first. You should give her a chance to make it right.

LeeJay 03-25-2010 11:38 AM

It has probably been four months since this transaction took place, so I have given up on ever receiving it. She sent the pkg at the cheapest rate, and there was no tracking service. She seemed sincere, etc. I will just consider the $30. as a charge for good future know-how and am not attempting to get my money. Just wondering if it has happened to any of you and what you did, or would do if it did happen to you.

Sharon321 03-25-2010 11:42 AM

I would simple as her to refund your money.

Dingle 03-25-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by LeeJay
It has probably been four months since this transaction took place, so I have given up on ever receiving it. She sent the pkg at the cheapest rate, and there was no tracking service. She seemed sincere, etc. I will just consider the $30. as a charge for good future know-how and am not attempting to get my money. Just wondering if it has happened to any of you and what you did, or would do if it did happen to you.

But if this happened to you what makes you think it's not happening to other people? If you make an issue out of it she might make it right with you. I would not let it go. $30 bucks is $30 bucks. She either needs to get your items to you or refund the money, period. Have you talked to her in person? Anyone can sound sincere in an e-mail.