Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilt book on kindle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-book-kindle-t180286.html)

mollymunchkin 02-24-2012 08:19 PM

The Geek Squad guy told me to down load the app for my printer and then I will be able to print from my iPad. Haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it will work.

carla m 02-25-2012 06:28 AM

if you have access to an andriod market you can download a free hp app to send it to the printer thats what my hubby uses of course youd have to have a wireless printer for it as well but it does work.
carla

OHSue 02-25-2012 08:38 AM

You can't print directly from the Kindle, but maybe if you download the free Kindle for PC app you might be able to print from the computer. I do find the craft books on the Kindle to be a bit of a disappointment, but most of the knitting patterns have a link where you can find a printable chart. I do like sending PDF knitting patterns to my Kindle Fire so they are handier to have, of course nothing is as portable as a piece of paper.
Most of the quilt books I have done on my Kindle are from Digital Downloads through the library so no real loss, but I wouldn't spend money on one, especially if templates are needed.

sguillot 02-27-2012 10:32 AM

Saturday I went by the Best Buy store neat my home to check out the Kindle Fire vs Kindle vs Nook. They told me the Nook is a step down from the Kindle and that the Kindle is much better. I asked about down loading magazines and books and was told that you have to get them from Amazon or the internet. Amazon has thousands of free one and thousands you have to pay for. It pulled up the website and it was almost a one click thing. The Kindle Fire is definately the one I want so I tole him I would be back when I get my income tax money. I hope this helps to answer some questions. They are really helpful at Best Buy, no pressure to buy but very willing to help.

stitchinwitch 04-21-2013 05:27 AM

Thank you so much for starting this thread! Im on my second KFHD - the other one stopped scrolling! There is always so much to learn! Keep posting everyone and I will be checking my mailbox!

DOTTYMO 04-21-2013 09:52 AM

If I just wanted one part would copy to pictures then print off. Not sure of any other way.

retrogirl02 04-21-2013 10:00 AM

thank you for starting this thread. i actually held off buying a tablet for this exact reason. my DH is more of a techie than i am & he says I need to buy an ipad & purchase apps on his macbook pro so i can print from his computer. think i'll wait until this process is a little easier....plus, i still love real books.

clsurz 04-21-2013 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 4998932)
I downloaded a quilt book with my Kindle app on iPad and I was disappointed that I couldn't print out any of the templates. I won't be so impatient next time.

There is an app for USB use from your ipad to your computer. Check the free apps on Apple for it. Can't remember exactly what it is called now but I d/l several months ago. I haven't used it yet but it seems simple enough to use.

StephT 04-21-2013 11:18 AM

I think you have to have a wireless printer.

Nanny's dollface 04-21-2013 03:26 PM

I have emailed the page to my email address and print from there. For instructions, I have copied and paste into an email to myself.