Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: quilt book on kindle

quilt book on kindle

For those of you who have a quilt book on Kindle, how do you get a block pattern to the printer?

Hmmmmmm. Very good question. I have a Kindle and will be watching this!! Ann

Banned
    I know with my Nook I downloaded a Nook App onto my computer so that I could read any book that's on my Nook on my computer as well. If I want to print anything, I bring it up on my computer and print from there. I don't know if it works the same with the Kindle, but it would be worth looking into. Plus, reading patterns, looking at quilts, etc is MUCH easier on the computer than on the smaller e-book screen.
    Last edited by SuzanneG; 02-22-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Hmmm. I have a Nook so I'll be interested in the answer too.

Blog Entries
    good question- hubby bought me two quilt books on his kindle---i can look at it and read the instructions---but i can not do anything else with it- and one of them is templates---so far a bit of a waste of money- i told him to hold off buying it but he wanted to (be sweet) & did it anyway---i feel that i still have to go buy the books.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I downloaded a quilt book with my Kindle app on iPad and I was disappointed that I couldn't print out any of the templates. I won't be so impatient next time.

I was thinking of getting a kindle so hope there is an answer to this. I would think you could just plug it into your computer and download like you do pictures from camera to PC. At least thats what the salesman told me about pictures.
    Blessings, Barbara Lee Joy

Can you tell me what quilt books you got on your Kindle?

Until I find out how to get something printed off of a kindle I'm not buying a quilting book for it yet. I'll keep to the old printing press until then.

Maybe the answer is to download the book on your computer first and then move to iPad and then back to computer for printing.

Blog Entries
    Will be looking for your answers. Interesting topic.

I have been wondering about this as well.
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. John Wooden
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

You are going to need a wireless printer. Just make sure your wi-fi ipad, nook or kindle can be found by your router that is connected to your computer.

I am not fully familiar with the Kindle or Nook but I have my digital books on my iPad. When I am reading my books if there is a page I want to print it gives me option to email that page to myself then I can print it from my computer.
    If you don't have the option of email then download adobe digital edition for free at adobe.com. You can open almost any ebook with this program and while reading the book on your computer you will have the option to print the page or the entire document.
    I don't even buy the paper books anymore because the digits are so much easier to store. In fact I have begun the process of digitizing all of my patterns and I view them on the iPad. The only thing I need to print are templates if they come with the pattern.
    I love the digitals!

Oh I forgot to add that when printing via adobe when you enter your print screen it will have a section called 'scaling' make sure you have that set to none. If it is set to "shrink to fit' then your templats or patterns may not be the exact size they are supposed to be.
    Also if you have the full version of adobe PDF then you can use that instead of adobe digital edition.

Banned
    Okay, I mentioned this earlier in this post, but it seems to have been overlooked. With the Nook, yes, you can download an app that lets you read anything you have on your Nook on your computer as well. This also allows you to print from your computer anything you have on your Nook. Can you do this with a Kindle? I don't know, but it would be easy enough to research and find out.

Hi,
    You can put a Kindle app on your regular computer, and they all sync with the books you buy, so you can see them all on your computer, too. It is handy. I have it on my PC, my Macbook and my I=Phone. Go to Amazon and check it out,
    Nancy
    Nancy Lee

I just looked up Quilting magazines on Amazon for Kindle. Not alot to choose from, in fact Fons and Porter was the only mag I found and it wasn't real clear if you could get a kindle version. I did download a sample page from a book called simple 12 x 12 blocks and that showed up on my kindle without a problem. My problem is that I have the 3g version which isn't in color. I use it just for reading books. If they start putting out mags in Kindle version I'll have to upgreade to a fire I guess.

They have something called cloud Print. Not sure if it will work but I noticed it on the Kindle site and I have used it with my Droid and it works great.

Be sure to let us know.

Diane

Transfer the book from the Kindle to the computer. Print from the computer. So far as I know wifi doesn't work from Kindle to the printer. (While the book is on the computer it will not be on the Kindle.) Hope this helps.

I love my Kindle Fire, but I don't like it for magazines or cookbooks. I don't think I would like it for quilting mags or books. Anything quilting I want in my hand, except for all you guys. No room in my little condo for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    For those of you who have a quilt book on Kindle, how do you get a block pattern to the printer?
    I have a program which is called Calibre, it is almost like a library that holds all of your books, when you open it up there is a listing of all of your books (once you put them in) you will then be able to click on the title and open your book on your computer and print anything. Forgot to say this program is on my computer and every book I get for my Nook I have on my computer too. This program is works with almost any kind of reader. I know it also works with Kindle cause my friend has one and I went over and put this program onto her computer. So whenever you get a book make sure you put it onto your computer too, then you can send it to your kindle or nook thru this program.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Printing from Kindle

Sign in to amazon, download the Kindle to your PC, and synchronize. Whatever is residing on your Kindle (cloud) will be downloaded to your PC. You can read from your PC, plus you can print whatever you want. Enjoy!!!

I want a Kindle Fire really bad because there was a post here a couple of week ago that the lady downloaded quilt magazines on her and had it with her when she went shopping. I will send Amazona note asking that question but a co-worker that has one says it has to be the Kindle Fire and you can download almost any thing but I am still wondering about magazines. I will let you know what I find out.
    Texas raised, Texas Proud

I just went to Amazon, clicked on Manage your Kindle and my whole library opened up. On the right of the screen there is a place to click on Actions, one of which is read now and my book opened up in Cloud Reader on my computer. From there it would be easy to print out a page. I have the original Kindle, not Fire.
    Barb
    prolific hand quilter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast