Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: quilt book on kindle

Redeagle, Did you go to amazon on your kindle or your computer? Also, where do you find Manage your Kindle on Amazon? Thanks, LouAnn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneG View Post
    I know with my Nook I downloaded a Nook App onto my computer so that I could read any book that's on my Nook on my computer as well. If I want to print anything, I bring it up on my computer and print from there. I don't know if it works the same with the Kindle, but it would be worth looking into. Plus, reading patterns, looking at quilts, etc is MUCH easier on the computer than on the smaller e-book screen.
    Suzanne, could you tell me, please, what the name of that app is? I was looking for it, but did not find it. Thanks, Judy
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    Maybe the answer is to download the book on your computer first and then move to iPad and then back to computer for printing.
    Yes, you can order your Kindle e-book and have it sent to your computer rather than your Kindle. I would think you can print from that but have not tried it yet.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Printing from Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    For those of you who have a quilt book on Kindle, how do you get a block pattern to the printer?
    I recently downloaded a magazine onto my Kindle and then started researcing what all I could do. I had never done anything but read and play games on it. It was exciting to learn I could download PDF files onto it. But I also found info that said you cannot print from a Kindle. Very disappointing. For me it isn't too big a deal as I had to load it onto my computer first and then send to the Kindle, so I can just go back to the computer to print. I will interest to watch and see if anyone has better information.

I have downloaded the kindle app to my pc, but when I open a book, I have no print option. I've very disappointed because the reason I bought a kindle fire was to get the color pages and print the patterns and instructions. yuck!
    jean

Just download the Kindle for PC app on your computer. You can then view the book in color and print out any templates that you need.

By the way, I think it's left up to each publisher whether or not they want to make their books printable. If the publisher says no print option, you won't have it.
    Last edited by DonnaC; 02-24-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added info

You can print from the Kindle App on your computer. Nearly all the quilt books are optimized for a larger screen. Does that mean you can read it ok on your kindle or not? Don't know. In the help section, apparently the number of pages that you can print are set by the publisher, but I can't find what that limit is. It doesn't say anywhere on the sale page of any of the 10 quilt books that I looked at.

I will let you know. I bought a Kindle quilt book that doesn't require me to actually print out a pattern. It's called Crazy Shortcut Quilts. It's perfect on my computer using the Kindle Reader. I'll check it out on the kindle and let you know.

Hi all, since I have been reading this thread and noticed a lot of you have kindle or nook, I found a pattern to put your kindle in when you are not using it.

http://www.how-to-quilt.com/articles...ndle-cover.php

you should be able to have a "kindle account" on your kindle and pc. Therefore, reading on the Kindle device is done, but if you need those templates print them from the pc.

I have an IPad and use a free app, DropBox, on the IPad and pc. Then I can even grab the item needed from my phone.
    Renea

A quilting I will go......

www.somethinginthemaking.blogspot.com

institches I have a kindle and when I get a book from amazon or my local library it showes up inboth places. I havent tried any printing yet.
    Thank you Lord for Friends, Family, and Quilters

Interesting thread. I didn't realize that my Nook was another quilting tool. LOL

Blog Entries
    Everything you have on your Kindle is stored at Amazon in your library cloud. That's why you have to have an Amazon account set up for your Kindle. You can print from your computer from the cloud. All it takes is reading 'how to' on Amazon Kindle site. You can have the Kindle app on any type of internet device. I send pdf and doc files from my computer to my Kindle. I can scan patterns or book pages and send to my Kindle. It's so nice to have patterns with me when I find a fabric sale.
    Got fabric?

http://blogkindle.com/kindle-faq/#print about a third of the way down explains how to print from a Kindle. It looks like you can only do a few pages at a time and it does it through your computer. You could probably Google some more and get more information.

I have a Kindle that I just got at Christmas so this is a great thread for me.
    Fran
    http://franciesboutique.blogspot.com/

whatever you download to the kindle you can download to your computer

The Geek Squad guy told me to down load the app for my printer and then I will be able to print from my iPad. Haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it will work.

if you have access to an andriod market you can download a free hp app to send it to the printer thats what my hubby uses of course youd have to have a wireless printer for it as well but it does work.
    carla

You can't print directly from the Kindle, but maybe if you download the free Kindle for PC app you might be able to print from the computer. I do find the craft books on the Kindle to be a bit of a disappointment, but most of the knitting patterns have a link where you can find a printable chart. I do like sending PDF knitting patterns to my Kindle Fire so they are handier to have, of course nothing is as portable as a piece of paper.
    Most of the quilt books I have done on my Kindle are from Digital Downloads through the library so no real loss, but I wouldn't spend money on one, especially if templates are needed.

Saturday I went by the Best Buy store neat my home to check out the Kindle Fire vs Kindle vs Nook. They told me the Nook is a step down from the Kindle and that the Kindle is much better. I asked about down loading magazines and books and was told that you have to get them from Amazon or the internet. Amazon has thousands of free one and thousands you have to pay for. It pulled up the website and it was almost a one click thing. The Kindle Fire is definately the one I want so I tole him I would be back when I get my income tax money. I hope this helps to answer some questions. They are really helpful at Best Buy, no pressure to buy but very willing to help.
    Texas raised, Texas Proud

Thank you so much for starting this thread! Im on my second KFHD - the other one stopped scrolling! There is always so much to learn! Keep posting everyone and I will be checking my mailbox!

Blog Entries
    If I just wanted one part would copy to pictures then print off. Not sure of any other way.
    Finished is better than a UFO

thank you for starting this thread. i actually held off buying a tablet for this exact reason. my DH is more of a techie than i am & he says I need to buy an ipad & purchase apps on his macbook pro so i can print from his computer. think i'll wait until this process is a little easier....plus, i still love real books.
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    I downloaded a quilt book with my Kindle app on iPad and I was disappointed that I couldn't print out any of the templates. I won't be so impatient next time.
    There is an app for USB use from your ipad to your computer. Check the free apps on Apple for it. Can't remember exactly what it is called now but I d/l several months ago. I haven't used it yet but it seems simple enough to use.
    clsurz

I think you have to have a wireless printer.

I have emailed the page to my email address and print from there. For instructions, I have copied and paste into an email to myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast