Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-labels-t348.html)

Sibble 01-02-2007 11:40 AM

blglenda:
Thanks so much for your reply. I haven't tried this method yet (material/freezer paper) "cause my printer is on the blink. Will try it soon I hope. :lol:

Sibble from OK

blglenda 01-02-2007 05:45 PM

You're welcome. When I did it before I didn't heat set it but I will when I do it again.

Knot Sew 01-05-2007 11:21 AM

No name on mine........like to keep them guessing ..........I tried it , it was a mess.....I might send away for some

mimisharon 01-05-2007 01:13 PM

You reminded me... when I did my first label for my first quilt.......I forgot to "mirror" the image to iron on. What a mess, but I wasn't putting it directly to the quilt, I was using the paper/fabric method. THANK GOD!! I'd have had an mess of a quilt. Now, I think about what I'm doing when making the signature patch and blend it in with the quilt.

Must always heat set though, this I'm sure of. How did the ladies of early quilting make their quilt signatures???

kathy 01-05-2007 01:37 PM

I embroider my info onto a small patch and applique it on a corner
kathy

mimisharon 01-05-2007 01:49 PM

I do that a lot of the time, too, Kathy. I just sometimes want to do different things. Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Randy 01-13-2007 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi B:
You are running the signatures through your scanner...save this scanned name list to your harddrive or CD then go to any graphics program you have and choose a BORDER graphic and put it on whatever size label you plan to make (go into FORMAT in your program tool bar, i have Word Perfect Program, then choose LABELS) then you can get your SAVED names off your CD or hardrive and drop that into the border lined graphic. I have lots of graphic programs but the one I use the most and the one I love the most is CREATE A CARD PLUS #3. It has all kinds of border designs. I have used these border designs to make matts/frames for pictures, too. After you get the border and the names centered in your graphic project label, then just print out your LABEL on whatever fabric you have decided to use for your quilt. Make sure the label FABRIC has been treated with BUBBLE JET or that you are using the fabric sheets made specifically for pictures. Good luck. Make sure you send a picture of your work. I will attache a picture of a label I recently made.

Randy

mommom 08-19-2007 07:15 AM

I know it's too late for the quilt you were working on but I'll give you my idea on labels...I have tried to make each one spedial...using the fabrics from the quilt itself and designing one that goes with it...for my "Trip around the World" quilt, the label looks like a postcard w/stamp in corner.
This was unintentional - my husband noticed the similarity and asked if that was what it was! Then, if I am giving the quilt to one of my "Grands" or "Greats", I have room to add a personal message for them.

Feathers 08-20-2007 09:50 AM

Biglenda:
Do you have a graphics program on your computer? You can make your own labels by printing on fabric (follow the instructions on the fabric package). I make all my labels using BORDERS, IMPORTED PICTURES, NICE FONTS AND COLORS of ink to contrast or compliment the back of the quilt. It's easy, economical and you can make labels the size you want from 8 x 10 to wallet size and any size in between. I'll find the pictures of some of my labels and post them so you can see what I've done.

Feathers

quilterdee 08-21-2007 06:04 AM

Can anyone recommend a website to find quit labels?