Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which quilt pattern intimidates you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-pattern-intimidates-you-t206169.html)

resource fabricologist 11-17-2012 07:35 PM

Try a Quilt smart Mariner's Compass. Easy to do and look great!

karate lady 11-17-2012 08:51 PM

I don't even think about appliques....LOL.....

Tropical 11-17-2012 10:04 PM

There are many patterns that I won't ever try because I just don't care for them. What I would love to do though is a landscape quilt. I keep putting it off because I keep finding new things on you-tube I want to try or I keep dreaming up new things I have to do to get them out of my head. I love pp-ing, but I do it so seldom that I have to relearn it each time. The last time I did it my brain just couldn't get it together. I blame that on brain fog from my fibromyalgia. I guess bargello would scare me if I tried it. I love hand sewing and applique. :):):)

KwiltyKahy 11-17-2012 10:44 PM

Double wedding ring and Drunkard's Path. I guess anything with curves.

mawluv 11-18-2012 03:47 AM

Double Wedding Ring and Bargello!

Michelekolt 11-18-2012 03:57 AM

I'm with you on Bargello quilts. Two of my friends are working on them now and they keep asking me to join them. Another quilt I saw, some just finished a 1/4 inch hexagon quilt. OMG those pieces are small.

jeaninmaine 11-18-2012 05:45 AM

Cathedral Windows, I love the old fashioned quilts using this pattern but I just can't force myself to do them. I've tried a few times over the years but by the time I've done 3 or 4, I'm out of patience and left with a bunch of cut squares that I'll never use. I've done a really nice big mariner's compass wallhanging, that didn't bother me at all because I like a challenge so it came out great but the thought of making Cathedral Window blocks turns me off.

mtnmama 11-18-2012 05:49 AM

I am right there with you! Paper piecing, yikes. I have done small pieces but it makes my brain hurt.

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 5661652)
I can't get my head round paper piecing!!! I've been quilting for 17years......but working back to front?....my brain just doesn't compute!!!!:rolleyes:

MyQuiltedFrenzy 11-18-2012 06:29 AM

Hi, I am scared of Jenny Beyer patterns. I made one last summer that ate my lunch. Lol maybe one day I will tackle another one. They are so beautiful. I started appliqué this year but took a class in machine appliqué using a tiny close together zig zag stitch. It is awesome. You can't see the stitches unless real close to it. Turns out beautiful. Stitch width on my machine is 1.3 and length is .50. Prepare same as needle turn without the seam allowance. Small enough to have one stitch on appliqué and one stitch on background fabric. Stitches are solid and very close together. Going around an outside curve stop with needle in background. On inside curve stop on appliqué. Give it a try. I love this method.

DOTTYMO 11-18-2012 06:50 AM

I'm not intimidated but don't like scrappy quilts.