Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The quilt police came to visit... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-police-came-visit-t162013.html)

SandraQuilts 10-21-2011 05:23 AM

I can believe it. welcome to the new generations of smart A...attitudes, no respect, sense of entitlement, jerks. Hope you told her you PAID for your degree too. Didn't take out student loans and then think the govt. or rich should pay them for you... I tell you what, I've about had it and hope that this generation gets the humbling they deserve. I include my own children in this attitude of mine. It's just not right.
I"m sorry for you, but use this experience to see just how they are. They are like this in every way.

laalaaquilter 10-21-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
OMG I wonder if your friend's cousin is my sister-in-law

ROFLMBO!!!

Mariah 10-21-2011 05:27 AM

I couldn't have been that composed. I envy your handling of this horrible situation.
This reminds me of when I showed my Civil War Quilt at our Guild. A young girl rattled off all of the things that were wrong with it, and what she would have done that would have made it so much better. This was all of the time the quilts were shown around the room. She ruined my showing my quilt.
I was totally mortified. After I cooled off, I wrote her an email, and reminded her that our guild says in writing that we are not to comment except postively about someone's work.
How many quilts has she made? None. I know she has been in guild at least 5 yrs.
Some people have to leave their brains at home when seeing other's work.
Mariah.

Debra Mc 10-21-2011 05:28 AM

Can you say "B". Wow I don't know how you did it. I would have probably snatched her baldheaded. The nerve of some people. I also would have told
her to leave & don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out. She is not from the south that is for sure.

Shelby 10-21-2011 05:32 AM

I admire your tact and restraint, and I'm jealous that I don't have those qualities.
Rowdy person that I am, I would have given her such a smack!

mimee4 10-21-2011 05:39 AM

I admire your tact and wisdom.

charity-crafter 10-21-2011 05:39 AM

You are a very gracious person. You responded with firm kindness that demanded respect. Good for you! I would not have been so kind, I would have spouted off something very rude and kicked her to the curb, while being nice to my quilting friend.

I've gotten very good at saying "You can leave now. No, seriously, leave, now" Usually to my DH because he just doesn't understand quilting at all.

QKO 10-21-2011 05:44 AM

I think you should change the title of your thread to "A Moron Came to Visit."

I don't think many people would have handled the situation with the tact and grace that you did. Bravo to you!

kerrytaylor 10-21-2011 05:45 AM

There are people who's goal in life seems to be asserting their "position" regardless of what it is or what they know. Big mouths, big opinions - thats all it is as it doesn't change reality. Incredible and for what purpose. Do they not realize how they look when they walk away?I too wonder how they justify. Im no help here, I work with someone like that, a regular jaw-dropper.

LadyElisabeth 10-21-2011 05:52 AM

Some people think they are authorities on everything and anything.
QUILTERS would never have behaved that way. We remember our first quilt or even our first blocks, we encourage each other. That's why we are on this QB.