Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shop in a semi: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shop-semi-t146647.html)

quilter68 08-21-2011 07:45 AM

When the snow is deep she can always travel south.

Greeter Eva 08-23-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Very interesting. I'd love to see a picture also. Do any of you think that you would go into a semi and make fabric purchases...say at a fair or some other public event? Just curious.

It just so happened that the quilters from this small town had invited her to the fair. The fabric is all top quality & I think cut fabric is a final sale. She also goes to Quilt Retreats.

jaciqltznok 08-23-2011 07:05 PM

do any of you remember the "quilt bus"????

danece 08-23-2011 07:52 PM

I do remember seeing a traveling quilt store in a quilt magazine several years ago, I really like this idea, we have a lot of quilters up here where I live, and one creative quilter goes to market and has turned her quilting studio into a quilt shop, its only about 15 miles from me where my regular quilt shop is about 35 miles from me

OneMoreQuilt 08-23-2011 08:31 PM

I have heard about this and read an article on it years ago but have never had the opportunity to see one!!! Lucky you.

Greeter Eva 08-23-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
do any of you remember the "quilt bus"????

That sounds very interesting too. I think this is a terrific idea for people that have to travel so far for a quilt shop.

sammygirlqt 08-23-2011 08:55 PM

The quilt bus is where she got her idea from. I hope she does well as the service is certainly needed in remote areas.

k3n 08-23-2011 11:19 PM

:lol: Here in England, a 'semi' is shorthand for a 'semi-detached house' - ie, one of two houses joined to each other by a party wall, so when I read the title of your thread, I thought 'what's so strange about that?' And they say we speak the same language! :lol:

MsEithne 08-24-2011 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
I saw something different last saturday, so thought I'd share it. I went to a small town fair & they had a "Quilt Show" & the whole bit that goes with a fair, but then they had a great big traveling semi there with a "Quilt Shop" in it. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? This one travels around in Saskatchewan, Canada. She had beautiful fabric & lots of it. I will try & add a picture of the truck when my daughter is here to help me.

Oh, gosh, that sounds so nice! Sounds like it would be beautiful to look into a trailer to see bolts and bolts of beautiful colours and patterns.

I wish we had something like that here (it's 45 miles to the nearest fabric store here).

MsEithne 08-24-2011 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
What a great idea!!! I bet the price of gas sure eats up profits right now though :thumbup:

I'm not so sure of that. The fabric in stores makes long trips by truck and so does mail order fabric, so it's built into the price of the product.

This is just a more closely connected to how it gets to the quilter!