Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shops in the Chicago area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-chicago-area-t121808.html)

nursie76 05-08-2011 07:26 PM

DH and I will be in the Chicago area at the end of May, so I was hoping you all could help me locate a couple "must see" quilt shops in the area. Actually we will be staying in Lisle, IL. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And, if you know the area, then what else is there to see and do? Thanks in advance. (Any members close that want to meet for a quick cup of coffee - or in my case tea?)

sueisallaboutquilts 05-08-2011 07:31 PM

The Art Institute is one of the finest in the country!!! :D

nursie76 05-08-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
The Art Institute is one of the finest in the country!!! :D

Thanks! I saw that they had one and wondered if it was some place we should visit...definitely will put it on my list!

sueisallaboutquilts 05-08-2011 07:39 PM

Nursie76, once when we were there I saw the most amazing Renoir exhibit. I was hyperventilating!!!
They have fabulous things!! :)

nursie76 05-08-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Nursie76, once when we were there I saw the most amazing Renoir exhibit. I was hyperventilating!!!
They have fabulous things!! :)

Renoir! That sounds awesome...I will have to check their website and see what the current exhibit will be.

Maia B 05-09-2011 05:13 AM

Fabrics 2Etc in Bensenville (closest?), A Touch of Amish in Barrington, Quilter's Destination* in Arlington Heights, Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook. All good, but I haven't been to Barrington in ages. Linda Zs Sewing Center in Arlington Heights is a large multi-brand sewing machine dealer with ever-expanding fabric, thread, and notions.

Maia B 05-09-2011 05:17 AM

Ooo, and to see, Morton Arboretum is in Lisle, if you like trees, walks. Brookfield Zoo. I work nights and sleep days (nurse) and my brother is visiting the end of May (I do pray!), so I might not be available, but PM me and we could try! Tons of museums in Chicago.

nursie76 05-09-2011 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Fabrics 2Etc in Bensenville (closest?), A Touch of Amish in Barrington, Quilter's Destination* in Arlington Heights, Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook. All good, but I haven't been to Barrington in ages. Linda Zs Sewing Center in Arlington Heights is a large multi-brand sewing machine dealer with ever-expanding fabric, thread, and notions.

Wow! Thanks, that's a great list. :thumbup:

nursie76 05-09-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Ooo, and to see, Morton Arboretum is in Lisle, if you like trees, walks. Brookfield Zoo. I work nights and sleep days (nurse) and my brother is visiting the end of May (I do pray!), so I might not be available, but PM me and we could try! Tons of museums in Chicago.

Love trees and walks...and zoos! Bless you for working the night shift! When I was working in the hospital, it was 3-11 for me...when I got mandated into the night shift...it was nice pretty :shock:

Will PM you.

QuiltnNan 05-09-2011 05:32 AM

have a great trip.