Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shops have personalities, too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-have-personalities-too-t220755.html)

G'ma Kay 05-06-2013 04:08 PM

The Hickory Stick in historic downtown Hannibal Mo. Great place, great selection.

happyquiltmom 05-06-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by terriquilt1 (Post 6048071)
Shipshewana, IN is about an hour from me. Yoder's and Lolly's are there and are very nice. A little farther south in Rome City is Caroline's Cottage Cottons which I really like. Just got back from a trip to North Carolina to pick up our daughter from college, so had to make a stop at Mary Jo's Cloth Store. Love it, prices are very good!

I work at Caroline's. (It's me...Cindy!) :)

OldHairTwister 05-06-2013 07:19 PM

I was just at Lolly's last Saturday. Spent 45 minutes digging thru the fat quarters in the boat. Found 25 that suited my fancy. I had two non quilting friends with me but they had fun digging too. I love Shipshewana!!!

JoyjoyMarie 05-07-2013 02:59 AM

We were on an RV jaunt last year, and I was delighted to find the quilted gardens in the Shipshewanna, IN area - by a brochure at the Indiana Welcome/Visitors Center. What a beautiful place to visit! We didn't stay overnight or shop, but it was such a lovely place!

twinkie 05-07-2013 03:38 AM

I love the quaint little Fabric shops. Unfortunately, in our area, we don't have ANY. However, we do have a very large fabric store about 30 (?) miles away. It has everything from upholstery material, batting, backings 108" wide on rolls, fleece, cottons, quilting fabric, all sort of trims, buttons, pre quilted panels for babies, notions, templets, fancy material for gowns, lace, and I could go on forever. It is about l/2 the size of a small Wal Mart store. AND, their prices are fairly reasonable. It is called Wilson's and is located on the main highway in Boaz, Alabama.

tildiemae 05-07-2013 05:10 AM

I agree with you on Grubers...such a variety and the displays are wonderful.

Wanabee Quiltin 05-07-2013 06:05 AM

My DH and I are campers. We travel about 4 months of the year in our camper. We stop at many small town quilt stores and yes, they all have their own personalities. We went through Wisconsin and Minnesota and each shop had their own favorite favorite line. One shop was mainly batiks and one was the Northwoods, one was Moda. I love two shops here in Illinois : Havana, Illinois on the Ohio River has a fantastic quilt store called "Ma's Got a Notion". Another quilt store I love is in Staunton, Illinois and I think it's called "Family Variety Store". We have a quilt store in Highland and Troy Illinois that are very good too. I always buy at least a FQ from every store I go.

quaint4900 05-07-2013 08:04 AM

LOL, YEAH RIGHT???????????????? I love you giving a look, would of loved to see your expression!!!!!!!!!

Roberta 05-07-2013 09:25 AM

I also love the Cotton Cupboard when I make the trip to Bangor, ME. Not too far from my home, 62 miles more or less.

GammaLou 05-07-2013 09:46 AM

When traveling to see our son and family in GA and on our way to FL, I love to stop at The Scarlet Thread in McDonnough, GA 30 min south of Atlanta (depending on the traffic!!!!).