Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilter's Greeting Cards (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-greeting-cards-t137306.html)

debbieumphress 07-14-2011 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gerbie

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I was wondering who uses quilter's cards such as the two shown here. I love to send cards and I am a Quilter...go figure. LOL Just wondering how many out there look for quilting cards to send with their sales or just to say hi. Does it go that far for you? I see them online but don't want to pay shipping. Oh where, oh where can we find them?

Debbie, I've never seen any quilting cards, those are darling. Where did you find them?

Hi Gerbie, those were sent to me by qb members here. That's what made me want to find more and check here. SO far great ways to make or buy. They are spendy but then so is everything nowadays. BUT.....we quilters will figure out a way to save and create our own. Great ideas coming in.♥♥

debbieumphress 07-14-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
The DWR set is embossed, comes from Carol Wilson, and runs about $10 for a box of 10. They are really neat, but somewhat hard to find. I look pretty muich everywhere I go, and try to buy a box when I see them.

Maybe tomorrow while you are at the Midlothian Quilt show, check it out for me. Get business cards, etc. I'd give ya big hugs, have fun by the way. I'll send you a pm to tell you in case you don't get back here. ♥♥

isnthatodd 07-14-2011 06:47 PM

Sent you back a PM. The thing I like about Carol Wilson's cards is that they are embossed, so they look more like an actual quilt. I will be looking, as I need to stock up.

mar32428 07-15-2011 03:28 AM

I buy the blank cards at JoAnn's and quilt my own insertions. I love making them and friends love getting them. I keep a box of fabric and patterns nearby. They're the perfect size for those few minutes you want to sit and sew but not on a big project. Like waiting for the repairman.

kimscruzer 07-15-2011 03:40 AM

I have been trying to find some too. I have not had much luck. Someone needs to come up with a line of quilty paper goods.

plainpat 07-15-2011 03:50 AM

Do the cards have a cut out to insert your own add ons? I'd like to find them.

Originally Posted by mar32428
I buy the blank cards at JoAnn's and quilt my own insertions. I love making them and friends love getting them. I keep a box of fabric and patterns nearby. They're the perfect size for those few minutes you want to sit and sew but not on a big project. Like waiting for the repairman.

MS quilter 07-15-2011 03:51 AM

I have seen them at my LQS & some vendors at quilt shows.

cbuchanan 07-15-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Thanks! :) Know what - I'll see what I can do about making some quilting themed ones. It'll take a few days, I can only work on them an hour or two each night.

I'll make them into a PDF file that ya'll can print at home if you'd like. You'd just need cardstock for your printer (and a color printer)

Can't wait. I would love to print my own cards and surely I could download a PDF....

Numa 07-15-2011 04:53 AM

Love this thread about cards!

plainpat 07-15-2011 05:03 AM

Where do you find cards with ovals or squares in the middle?

Originally Posted by cr12cats
i make my own xmas card by buying the pre made blank cards at the store with the ovals or squares in the middle(you can cut your own but i'm not happy with my oval cutting). i quilt a mini block or cross stitch, embroider, or at times i have used tri chem or fabric paint and painted something to put in the middle. i also do cross stitch or mini xmas blocks ornaments they can take out and use on the tree. the ideas are endless for cards and can be done for any time.the last one was a get well card with a teddy bear holding a racing flag that said get well soon.