Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting plans for the long weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-plans-long-weekend-t29295.html)

elizajo 11-25-2009 08:13 AM

What are your quilting plans for this Thanksgiving weekend? No shopping for me, every spare minute will be spent in my sewing room.

I'm at work, impatiently waiting for DH to sign the last Christmas card that I will mail out to our clients before I leave at noon, then I'm going home to quilt! I have to cook my share of family meal for tomorrow, but my daughter is going to spend the long weekend with her grandmother and DH is leaving to go to the football game with his cousin.

I don't get much alone time, and I'm going to spend as much of it as I can sewing. I'm going to alternate machine quilting the final parts of one quilt and starting a lap quilt for DH for Christmas. I was going to do it in Diamond Stars, but then decided that I wanted to do my first log cabin. I have bought all my supplies and groceries, so I hope to be able to stay in all weekend.

bebe 11-25-2009 08:26 AM

I am going to friends homes for Thanksgiving. While I a m waiting in the morning I will sew and when I get back I will sew. No Black Friday for me. I want to live and not be stomped on. :shock: :( :wink: :lol: :oops: :roll:

Mplsgirl 11-25-2009 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by bebe
I am going to friends homes for Thanksgiving. While I a m waiting in the morning I will sew and when I get back I will sew. No Black Friday for me. I want to live and not be stomped on. :shock: :( :wink: :lol: :oops: :roll:

I'm with you bebe! I used to go out on Friday when I was younger and could run faster. And it was not so nuts. I don't need to spend money that bad!

LovingIzabella 11-25-2009 09:42 AM

I go to the fabric store on Friday lol everyone else is rushing in to the electronic store or Walmart or something and there I am waiting for my fabric! lol
Hugs
April

Lostn51 11-25-2009 10:12 AM

I will enjoy family time Thanksgiving day and take in the ball games then its off to the Black Friday sales at 3am Friday morning. When the day is over then I'll make a big pitcher of Long Island Teas and go to the studio and start quilting my Daughters JD quilt that I finished pinning last nite.

Billy

pocoellie 11-25-2009 01:41 PM

Trying to finish up my kimono quilt for a dear friend for Christmas.

sew cornie 11-25-2009 01:45 PM

No quilting for me. I have to finish our stockings first. They are of felted wool. One down, second one half done, two more to go . . . tick-tock goes the clock!

hulahoop1 11-25-2009 02:04 PM

I get to cook tomorrow for DH and my 2 DS and whatever strays they usually bring with them. Not much time for sewing as I have to work on Friday, but I am binding a quilt and hope to have it finished this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Jim's Gem 11-25-2009 02:29 PM

:cry: :cry: No quilting for me. I am one-armed. I may try (sneaking of course) doing some next week

sewnsewer2 11-25-2009 02:35 PM

Oh I love alone time! You will have fun.

I will probably TRY to get my niece's quilt quilted and maybe try to finish my wreath wall hanging.