Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts for Kids - Have you changed up the pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-kids-have-you-changed-up-pattern-t28947.html)

Elisabrat 11-18-2009 10:32 AM

I received four packages of the Q for K quilts. All are the four patch, one large patch design. With the kits you received did you maybe sew it together differently than the design? leave some strips some patch? I made one it is very cute (pic to be added) and was thinking it would be fun to mix it up a bit.. but how?? Also, my first kit was cut "wonky". The four patches made 6 1/4 not 6 1/2 like the big patches so after I stupidly sewed the rows together amazingly.. the corners did not line up so I had to take it all apart and start over. (lessons learned about measuring).. secondly the border one of the strips had a huge v cut out of it, lucky for me it was on the part I had running over (part to cut) but didnt notice it until I cut it.. so with your kits. Measure everything and also.. check the squares and strips before you sew. I will be fine toothing the new kits.

Elisabrat 11-18-2009 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the quilt top I just finished.. gearing up to finish it (ugh the dreaded quilting part of quilting!)

quiltnana 11-18-2009 10:42 AM

I had the same problem with one of the colors for the four patch cut short but was able to trim them even and then made the square to match. I thought about making different patterns but was worried I would run out of a fabric and it's not from my stash so I made two extra quilts from my stash in a D9P and a windmill pattern to change it up. My granddaughter Ashley loved this project and is looking forward to using grandma's longarm to quilt them. It's a great project and a worth while cause.

amma 11-18-2009 02:10 PM

My first kits pieces were a bit wonky, so I cut them down to match and then I added a small border from my stash to bring it back up to size. I would think you could change the pattern if you have enough fabric or have some to add to it. :D

SherriB 11-18-2009 03:14 PM

I thought I was the only one with wonky cut strips and blocks! I didn't want to say anything but glad others have. One of my quilts kits was way off, but I made it work, so far.

Up North 11-18-2009 03:52 PM

Maybe we overwhelmed them and they are rushing!! Mine was right on. Not quilted yet, I am scared!! I don't want to mess it us.

pvquilter 11-18-2009 05:36 PM

My squares were off also. Thought it was just me. Its a fun quilt tho.

Olivia's Grammy 11-18-2009 05:37 PM

My kit was great. Perfectly cut pieces. I've already made and mail back two. I was quite surprised today when I got an email thanking me for my quilts, and asking me is I wanted another one.

Barb_MO 11-18-2009 05:49 PM

The kit I just finished seemed to be ok. the big block fabric was a little wonky, but I thought it was because it wasn't the weight as the other fabrics and maybe I was stretching it out of shape

sewmuch 11-18-2009 05:54 PM

Oh, I better check mine out....just got it yesterday and haven't had time to start, quick glance it looked good, cute material.....got batting today....