Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rather-unhappy-janome-horizon-footpedal-t143615.html)

granny_59 08-08-2011 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the machine for a week now and really love it. BUT the footpedal feels like a toy compared to my Bernina.......
I have shoesize 5 1/2 sew barefoot and hardly can get used to this small lightweight thing.

How about you? Maybe I contact Janome and ask whether a big heavy one is available!?
Granny

guess which one is from the Bernina
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238484[/ATTACH]

gaevren 08-08-2011 10:50 AM

Looks just like the one on my 6600. Nothing wrong with them- just different!

MIJul 08-08-2011 11:04 AM

That's the one I had on my old Janome and loved it. I think you just have to give it a chance and get used to it. :-)

Raggiemom 08-08-2011 11:10 AM

That's the same one I have on my various Janomes, it does move around quite a bit too. You get used to it after a while.

gaevren 08-08-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
That's the same one I have on my various Janomes, it does move around quite a bit too. You get used to it after a while.

I put mine on that rubber shelving stuff that keeps dishes from moving around. Works like a charm!

granny_59 08-08-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gaevren

I put mine on that rubber shelving stuff that keeps dishes from moving around. Works like a charm!

Thats a good idea! But I would like to have a big sturdy one anyway.............can tell that I grow old, not too many changes at once please :oops:

EasyPeezy 08-08-2011 11:31 AM

I have the same one on my Janome6600. Janome is notorious for their
"lovely" foot pedals. Never had a Bernina so I don't know what I'm missing.
What I don't like about the pedal is that I have to keep chasing it. I put a
silicone potholder underneath but it still escapes. Oh well.

Jamiestitcher62 08-08-2011 11:33 AM

Yea, it's the same one as used with the Janome 11000 as well, I don't think you can get a different one though. I'm used to chasing it all around anyway.

justflyingin 08-08-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by gaevren

I tried that and unfortunately for me, NOTHING keeps the foot pedal in place. I think my size 10 is just too big for it. ;) I do wish it were a bit heavier, but I never even thought to mention it.

DogHouseMom 08-08-2011 11:35 AM

Same one I have with the 6600.

Now I can't remember if it's my Janome I do this with or my Husqvarna ... but one of them works better if I turn it around and use the back of the pedal.

I tend to use foot pedals with toes only, not my whole foot. And yes, I always sew barefoot.