Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The reorganization Bug has bitten me!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reorganization-bug-has-bitten-me-t176894.html)

Mad Mimm 01-25-2012 09:19 AM

The reorganization Bug has bitten me!!

I sat down recently to FMQ a baby quilt and determined that my table set up was all wrong for the task. I was fighting the quilt and the short table and so I moved a few things around. Well... that has led to discussions with DH to re-organize my sewing space (which is approximately 9x20 part of my laundry room downstairs). I am going to post photos of the before and after so you will get to see the changes. I am excited as the room has never been messier and more cluttered than it is right now, and I can see the clean, tidy finished product so well in my head I am craving it like chocolate! :D

So... my question is: while I am in the midst of moving the room around, should I go ahead and paint? I have some fairly dingy off-white walls (think utility room) and they are patchy and full of holes that could be spackled and made much prettier. Opinions please, do you think it is worth it to take this extra step??

JeannieT 01-25-2012 10:01 AM

I would paint it an ispiring color, like yellow....brightens your day every time you go in there!! Have fun setting it all back up!

gotta-sew 01-25-2012 10:06 AM

Oh yes, spackle and paint. Get the full meal deal!

Linnie 01-25-2012 10:19 AM

A nice goldie yellow is warm and inviting.

icon17 01-25-2012 10:46 AM

yes no time like the present! and with new paint you will be inspired! :)

MdmSew'n'Sew 01-25-2012 11:46 AM

Of course you should paint it - after all, you're worth it, right?!?!

AUQuilter 01-25-2012 12:32 PM

Here's your chance to make the space bright and cheery! And even if you only paint it white, think of how clean it will look. Of course, you might need to add some beautiful wall hangings or organizational items on those walls. No matter what color, you will feel to inspired!

Gramie bj 01-25-2012 12:50 PM

It is now or never , once you move everything back into place you won't want to move it again to paint. Now would be a good time to add more lights, more plugins, and anything else you think you need to add. Go for it and have fun!!!

kiffie2413 01-25-2012 02:58 PM

Ditto to all the other replies, paint it a cheerful color, and then you will really enjoy quilting!!

Mad Mimm 01-25-2012 03:48 PM

I should quantify my post by saying that we are trying to do a no-cost remodel. Of course, if I paint, that will add a nominal cost that I can afford (and sounds like I should just go for it and do!) but I don't have any $ for furniture, new floors, etc. So in my limited case, we are talking moving some new storage shelves in from another room and rearranging quite a bit of shelving that is attached to the walls. So thanks for helping me make up my mind - I WILL paint! ;D

And I will also begin squirreling away any leftover grocery money to pay for flooring and future remodels of a grander nature!