Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   rolls of fabric strips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rolls-fabric-strips-t2075.html)

amma 08-31-2007 03:03 PM

Like minds.... :D yes it is the same seller, however really look close at the descriptions here on this page, some of these fabrics in this portion are not full 1 yard cuts..... some are only 22 inches by 36. The link I posted was strictly the strips.
She carries name brands, (advertised as such) and some non name brands that I have bought were as good or better than what I have bought at WM.

Knot Sew 08-31-2007 03:31 PM

The strips for rugs are a good price, is that good fabric.......I was thinking the print was off....... or color or runs... :?:

CassandraE 08-31-2007 03:51 PM

amma i love this seller i have bought from her 2x so far and her shipping rates are great can't beat the price of the fabric either.

cassandra

CassandraE 08-31-2007 03:53 PM

ruth i have bought from that seller 2xs and i have not had any problems with running colors or fading ect. she also will cut them down to different widths for you for free!!!!!!

Cathe 08-31-2007 03:55 PM

You couldn't prewash them (at least not well) and I wonder if they are really quite on the grainline. Are they sold for making those craft projects where you wind fabric strips around clothesline and then shape baskets and potholders and placemats?

Knot Sew 08-31-2007 04:03 PM

Well I for one I am going to buy some.......Some of the fabic looks really nice. I am going to order several strips I'll let you know when I get it. :D

patricej 08-31-2007 04:33 PM

well ... i just ordered some. 30 feet ... just under a yard and a half. 220 thread count cotton. $2.79. three of those and a yard of something else. $16.95 roughly $3.25 per yard including shipping. i can live with that. :P

i almost never prewash and i doubt i cut perfectly on the grain myself, so that isn't an issue for me, either.

3incollege 08-31-2007 04:59 PM

Well I have bought them , and love the idea.
I think it is great that you can get a sample of every colorwave that moda makes it that collection.
I have bought 2 so far. They make patterns that are designed for them.
I paid $30 per Jelly Roll . there are 40 strips in a roll, so that is 2.78 yards. Which comes to $10.79 a yard. So that is a little than a $1(moda's run about $9.60) more per yard. It's a great idea.

Donna

ButtercreamCakeArtist 08-31-2007 06:49 PM

Patrice made a mistake! Patrice made a mistake! Mwahahahah!
:twisted:
(now I know I'm not alone in this world!) hehehehe!

amma 08-31-2007 08:41 PM

The first time I seen the fabric strips, I too had misread the length :? I thought it was 20+ inches not feet. I had to reread it and then I thought wow, that is a good price, and I had already had many cups of coffee :shock:

I went back and looked at the strips I have bought and they seem to be cut straight on the grain, and I really could not find anything wrong with them. I bought the pink and the orange floral strips for a home dec project, I believe they are a blend, but you would have to email Lorri and find out for sure. I have several strips of the watercolor type and am very pleased with all of those. The biggest piece was the multi colored roses and blue flowers on a deep navy background and that is beautiful fabric. For the Quilts that I had in mind for some of this material I bought multiple strips and the widths are 18-24 inches wide, so that I could pre wash them.
We have not had any issues with bleeding or color fading. If you have any other questions ask, and I will try and answer them for you.